Senior Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
This is a Telecommute/Work from Home position
A day in the life?
As a Senior Full-Stack Ruby on Rails engineer, you will work with top-notch fellow Rubyists to deliver efficient, maintainable, and elegant code that helps Nonprofits grow their donor base so they can focus on their mission. You'll report to the VP of Growth Technology, but will be answerable to your teammates, and they to you. You'll participate in asynchronous daily standups, PR reviews, design sessions, and architectural debates. You'll be free to work from home or one of our three offices (DC, Baltimore, Indianapolis), wherever you feel you are most productive.
We are searching for an individual who is constantly looking to improve their skills and challenge how we do things.
- Adhere to our coding best practices (SOLID, RobuCop), or teach us new ones.
- Offer innovative technology solutions and concepts that improve the lives of our non-profit customers.
- Work on all phases of the development lifecycle, including new feature design and development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, refactoring, and regression testing.
- Explore and apply new technologies, such as ReactJS, Pub/Sub, micro-services.
- Detect and remediate performance bottlenecks with caching, lazy-loading, SQL indexing and query refactoring, analysis of NewRelic and Skylight results, among others.
- Communicate and collaborate with fellow engineers through Jira, Slack, PR reviews.
- You have experience! You have at least 4 years of experience developing large-scale Ruby on Rails applications.
- You're educated! You have at least a bachelor's degree or significant experience in lieu of degree.
- You love collaboration! You have the ability to work independently AND in collaboration with Ruby teammates and product leaders. You are creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master proficient decision-making skills.
- You love learning! You have a strong desire to learn new techniques and languages, along with continual self-improvement. Accepted PR's in open source projects a plus!
Who are we?
Network for Good helps small nonprofits cultivate donor relationships and advance their missions with simple, smart fundraising software, personal coaching, and online resources. As a mission-driven, Certified B Corporation, Network for Good has a legacy of providing trusted support to over 400,000 nonprofit leaders since 2001 and has helped pioneer the online fundraising space, disbursing more than $3 billion to date.
What can you expect?
You can expect, growth and innovation and to have fun along the way. You will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements, but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good. ™
We've got perks, too! How about Volunteer Paid Time Off and your birthday as Holiday? 401(k) with match, stock options, commuter stipend and fantastic health insurance, too! Don't like wearing a suit and a tie every day? We've got you covered! We're a jeans every day workplace!
Candidates submitting an application must have unrestricted and unlimited authorization to work in the United States and for Network for Good. Network for Good does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Network for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top