We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~48% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
The mission of our Backend Engineers is to build and maintain critical features that delight our customers and drive the business. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll partner closely with the product team to create the services that support the user experience and backend platform. Our services range from the build system for customer sites, to the core ruby API, to the variety of Go microservices that we run. Our services span Go & Ruby, and often you’ll work across both languages to implement new features. The team ships changes several times a day so you’ll see the impact of your work quickly.
We're looking for team members with a strong background or interest in large scale systems with high throughput. Whether you’re a Ruby or Go developer, we want to hear from you! Our team works remotely across North America and European timezones.
What role do our Backend Engineers play at Netlify:
- Work on the core Ruby API & support Go microservices (Projects including Netlify Identity, Large Media, Analytics)
- Supporting the build systems used for customer sites
- Own features from code to production
- Design services for better observability, availability, and fault tolerance
- Work with support to address customer issues
- Work cross-functionally to scope, design, and implement services
Technologies you'll be exposed to at Netlify:
- Backend services built in Go and Ruby
- All services deployed in Kubernetes on Google Cloud
- Work with databases like MongoDB and MySQL
- Data pipelines built with Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience building and maintaining highly available distributed systems
- Solid proficiency in at least Go or Ruby on Rails at scale (Ex: multiple daily releases & 15k+ requests per second)
- Experienced delivering product features
- Is curious and open to learning new technologies and best practices
- Thrives in a collaborative environment, working with others across multiple teams
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, working in distributed locations.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Back to top