Software Engineering Manager
- Weston, MA
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry's leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
As an Engineering Manager for the Software Defined Storage Solutions team, you will drive the software defined and cloud engineering programs collaborating with cross functional teams across NetApp and partner cloud providers. You will direct the activities of a software systems development function and a quality assurance function for building solutions across cloud platforms. You will have an impact on the planning, execution and delivery of parallel projects that are enabling NetApp customers embrace Hybrid Cloud and software defined solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle and project management
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and orchestration frameworks and experience in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Experience in software development and delivery of large complex projects, agile development, experience with developing budgets and predicting project costs
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior and experienced engineers and managers
- Data storage experience strongly desired
- This position is responsible for managing cross functional tasks spanning multiple large groups spanning geographic areas.
- The focus of this role is on creating and influencing strategy and delivering on execution.
- The potential impact of decisions made by this individual have significant operational or financial impact.
- This individual will apply in-depth knowledge to solve broad issues that are complex in scope and establish medium to long range plans.
- Utilizes people skills and available people manager tools to critically impact the growth of an individuals on the team.
- This individual must work effectively with staff to vice president level employees and employees within and outside of their function and organization.
- This individual must demonstrate favorable results through providing leadership to the function, project and team.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and drive the team towards the common goals
- Influence peers and partners across teams and Business Units
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 3+ years of manager experience preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Product Development, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Research, Management
Back to top