NetApp is a cloud-led, data-centric software company that helps organizations put data to work in applications that elevate their business. We help organizations unlock the best of cloud technology.
NetApp is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Manageability and Virtualization group. NetApp Virtualization Solutions encompasses various VMWare integrations across NetApp's various storage platforms specifically designed for large scale, public and private cloud deployments. Virtualization group is on the journey to modernize the technology stack with Microservices Architecture and Kubernetes. This is a great opportunity to work on a high-performance team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
About Role & Responsibilities:
As a Seasoned/Senior Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for participating in the development, build, test, deployment and debugging of the solution/product. As part of the Research and Development function, Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- A major part of your responsibility will be to apply current skills and use up-to-date technologies to complete projects as part of the development cycle including:
- Coding, Design, Development, Debugging, Reliability & Analysis
- As a subject matter expert, you will manage/head and participate in technical discussions within the immediate group and across functions, where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
- You will have direct influence on discussions, steps, actions and outcomes related to project direction.
Skill Requirements :
- Experience in software design and development.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analyse situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience is large scale VMware solutions development, exposure to VASA provider/SRM/other VMware SDKs based exposure.
- Strong Java, spring boot programming
- Exposure to REST APIs
- Experience in Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Storage background, a plus
- Python/GoLang Experience, a plus
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience is required. 7 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
What you'll love about us:
- Our Culture: It's our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it's the people.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global Teams with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people/team members of all backgrounds, including people with disabilities, to apply for open positions at NetApp.
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Research