Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data - anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
As a Software Development Engineer for Cloud Engineering Team, you will work as part of a team responsible for building software defined storage solutions and cloud storage solutions. You will design, develop and test storage and data management services to be deployed as containers in Kubernetes and work with various public and private cloud providers. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, containers, orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Experience with working in any of the public cloud providers like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies, cloud solutions, systems architecture and design, and driver development
- Strong programming skills in Go, Python
- Experience in software design and development and a strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and demonstrate strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation and interaction with cross functional teams
- Responsible for handling unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
- To participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation and test design.
- As part of a team, you will participate in technical discussions within the immediate group and across functions, where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
- Operate under limited supervision and direction, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others
BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Product Development, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Research
Back to top