Site Reliability Engineer - TS
- Vienna, VA
Site Reliability Engineer
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data - anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
At NetApp, we have an amazing opportunity to transform industries with cutting-edge data services. We are developing a broad portfolio of solutions that harness the power of data. NetApp public/private cloud offerings, high performance & highly scalable storage products are stretching what's possible for our customers & partners. These solutions change how data is stored, consumed & interpreted unleashing innovation. Join our team & push the boundaries of what's possible.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll work to maintain cloud services performing at levels both promised and expected by our external customer base. You'll work in a highly collaborative environment deploying, monitoring, and maintaining systems hosting our IaaS model. This role is an office-based position in the Washington D.C or RTP, NC areas. This position includes on-call work due to the critical nature of the services we support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer NetApp remote and cloud-based storage solutions.Assist with capacity planning to ensure continuous performance expectations are met.
- Automate repetitive and error prone tasks and processes, using tools like Docker, GitLab, Ansible, Python, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Administer SaaS / cloud-based solutions like OpenShift or Kubernetes that deploy and orchestrate containerized applications.
- Ensure adequate monitoring is in place and enhance or adjust where needed, using tools like Observium, ElasticSearch, Prometheus in addition to proprietary NetApp monitoring solutions and home-grown scripts / automation. You'll continuously measure the availability, latency and overall system health.
- Secure our environment from security threats deploying patches and least-privilege configurations.
- Respond to incidents and drive change preventingissues from re-occurring. You will also look for opportunities to automate the recovery for certain incidents that may be difficult to prevent. You will use Atlassian Jira to track issues to resolution based on their priority.
- Design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Document findings and solutions you create using Atlassian Confluence as well as well-documented automation.
- TS Security clearance required
- Experience administering Clustered Data ONTAP is a big plus.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows.
- A basic understanding of at least one scripting language similar to Bash, Python, or Pearl, Ruby.
- A basic understanding of public cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or others.
- You are generally curious and highly motivated with a passion for ensuring scalable and highly available solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, sorting meaningful information from noise, and taking action.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.
Typically requires a minimum 5 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So, get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Data Management, Security Clearance, Linux, Healthcare, Engineering, Data, Government, Technology
Back to top