Senior Public Relations Manager
NetApp, a global cloud-led, data-centric software company, is seeking a self-motivated, experienced and creative corporate communications professional to join its global public relations team. Reporting to the Director of US Public Relations, this role is responsible for devising, developing and driving media relations strategies, campaigns and programs in support of NetApp's award-winning product and solution portfolio, driving positive media coverage and increased market awareness for the company in North America.
The successful candidate will be an experienced storyteller with demonstratable success in developing trusted media relationships and meaningful storylines that net feature coverage across a wide variety of publications. They will be a skilled writer - capable of disseminating complex technical topics into concise narratives to deliver compelling press releases, media pitches, byline articles, speaking abstracts, award submissions and more - with a keen eye for what will drive results. Additionally, a strong business acumen, exceptional critical thinking skills and relevant experience in enterprise technology sector communications are key requirements for this role.
• Own and manage the PR program for a key pillar of NetApp's technology portfolio. Develop and manage quarterly PR plans that incorporate proactive activities, planned launches, events, etc., to drive market awareness, thought leadership and coverage for your area. Collaborate with your Global PR colleagues to inform and
• Act as a media liaison for NetApp's established business, tech and trade press community.
• Proactively cultivate, nurture and manage new journalist relationships for the company with top tier outlets.
• In partnership with NetApp's North America agency of record, proactively seek, identify and develop stories and media opportunities to drive coverage outside of launches and events.
• Prepare and support company spokespeople throughout media engagements by arranging and staffing interviews, managing required follow-ups, reporter insights, and providing them with briefing prep and media training as required.
• Write and develop high quality marcom materials, including pitches, press releases, FAQs, contributed articles and executive-ready proposals and presentations.
• Partner with your global PR colleagues and other cross functional teams to plan, develop and execute launches, marketing campaigns and thought leadership initiatives; drive desired outcomes and amplify results.
• Provide PR support for NetApp's annual user conference and key industry events.
• Support data-driven KPI reporting using Cision/Trendkite.
Candidate Qualifications and Attributes
• 8+ years of corporate communications experience - a background working in both agency and in-house communications roles is preferred; experience in enterprise tech is required.
• A self-starter that is highly organized, has excellent oral and written communication skills, and a good sense of humor.
• Demonstrates an assertive, solution-forward, strategic mindset and strong business acumen; understands how to influence colleagues and manage up to drive successful outcomes.
• Demonstrates a savvy understanding of the North America media landscape and has a network of trusted influencer relationships.
• Must have a proven track record for identifying, developing and driving story development that results in top tier feature coverage.
• Intellectually curious and committed to learning about the company's portfolio of products, solutions and services so they can adequately represent and write about them.
• Able to work independently under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, identify and prioritize the activities that matter most, and reliably deliver high quality work.
• A team player; experienced working with cross-functional teams and distributed colleagues to plan and drive strategic initiatives to successful conclusions and best possible outcomes.
• Experienced in planning and coordinating high-touch media events, supporting and prepping spokespeople, and managing detailed planning and logistics.
• Possesses a current knowledge of digital communications techniques, media monitoring best practices, stakeholder guidance, preparation, and coaching.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Manager, Corporate Communications, Marketing Manager, PR, Management, Marketing, Research