Senior Endpoint Engineer
- United States
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
This position has primary responsibility for analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and operational aspects of the Endpoint Security tools and systems. Responsible for service ownership and operation of WIN10 OS and applicable security agents for admin rights management, data loss prevention, encryption, endpoint discovery and response etc.
Responsible for acquiring, installing, or upgrading security components and software, providing routine automation, maintaining security policies, troubleshooting, training staff, and offering technical support for projects.
Must have skills:
- Experience directly managing multiple endpoint security products including Antivirus, Admin Rights Management, Data loss prevention, encryption, endpoint discovery and response.
- Understand inner workings of WIN10 and how best to secure or harden it
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products (e.g. Windows, Office, Enterprise Management, Azure)
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Strong understanding of enterprise productivity and communications related technologies (messaging, unified communications, collaboration)
- Experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Remains current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Strong working knowledge in Office365 and its related online products (e.g. SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Teams/Skype, Azure AD, Security and Compliance)
- Ability to work independently with some guidance from supervisor/manager
- Strong analytical skills; Able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work effectively with other groups and teams.
- Scripting and/or programming (Power Shell, Python, .net or other)
- Ability to interface with customers to quickly understand the problem, relate to the customer and remain calm under pressure
- Able to partner with peers to brainstorm, troubleshoot and collaboration on solutions
- Strong experience in vendor management and participation in depth technical troubleshooting
- Willingness and ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Skilled in device compliance monitoring and reporting
Job Requirements Con't & Education
You might also have:
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
- SQL Reporting and query writing experience
- Strong familiarity with PowerBI and other reporting tools
- Experience with Microsoft cloud technologies such as Azure AD, Azure Information Protection, Cloud App Security and Defender ATP
- Automation skills (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Experience with managing and administrating Intune
- Experience in cyber security and red team/blue team activities
Preferred 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology, Research
Back to top