Information Systems Engineer
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
Information Systems Engineer: Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Information Systems Engineering team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
- Experience with at least one of one of the following cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience using configuration management and deployment tools such as - Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Proficient in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, or PowerShell.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD).
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Information Systems, Telecom, Telecommunications, Medical, Systems Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering
Back to top