- Research Triangle Park, NC
We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
The Director, IT (Finance) Leader will be responsible for the overall partnership, strategic road mapping, and delivery of technology services that will enable cloud-based technologies for the NetApp Finance organization. The role will report to the VP of Enterprise Applications.
In addition to serving as a technology partner and advisor to the Finance organization, the role will also plan, implement, and operate NetApp Finance applications. This role and supporting team will also analyze the needs of the Finance department, establish priorities, provide solution design and implementation of application requirements, provide testing services and technical support for systems, subsystems, distributed systems, and systems software; and operate new and existing systems.
In this role, the incumbent will be managing a team of technology experts across diverse technologies and will need to collaborate with peer managers across geographies and share delivery responsibilities in a matrixed organization. The incumbent will also be responsible for contributing to setting program goals, plans and schedules, closely monitoring program execution, driving issue resolution, and accepting the responsibility for ensuring successful achievement of program goals.
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership to create and execute a Finance technology roadmap that includes the migration to cloud-based applications such as ERP.
- Manage technology support for critical Finance capabilities including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Management, Subscription and Billing, Sales Tax and more.
- Partner with industry vendors to explore new approaches and processes for roadmaps, benchmarking and RFP discussions.
- Be accountable for the financial aspects of the service provided including contract costs, outside service costs, licensing, depreciation, and run rate.
- Be accountable for lifecycle roadmaps for the technologies supporting the services provided. This includes upgrade schedules, patching, as well as target dates for decommissioning.
- Manage and lead a team of relationship managers, business systems analysts, development managers, developers, testers and architects.
- Establish a meaningful rapport with business partners to manage risks/issues. Provide influence where necessary.
- Run quarterly business reviews with supported business functions.
- Development and operations experience in complex matrixed organization with multiple stakeholder teams is necessary. Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems, Middleware, Cloud computing, DevOps, MicroServices, API Management and IT business models; Along with hands on level understanding and experience in Oracle Ebiz and Databases, SAP and other open stack Dev components
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills; able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Direct experience implementing Cloud ERP
- Direct experience with the following technologies: RevPro, Hyperion, Oracle Financials, Get Paid, One Source
- Prior experience working at a cloud company
- A minimum of 12 years of IT experience with at least 3-5 years in a business relationship and delivery role
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent is required
- Business domain background with a proven track record of partnering with a Finance function
- Understanding of industry trends for delivering Finance solutions both in an on-prem and SaaS capacity
- Experience managing IT operating budgets and managing the Annual Operating Plans,
- Ability to work with all levels within NetApp organization,
- A proven track record of championing and managing multiple projects thru the initiation phases and all the IT and enterprise governance processes, Ability to balance business partner's expectations and IT teams ability to deliver on the requirements.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Manager, Accounts Payable, Medical, Engineer, ERP, Management, Finance, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology
Back to top