Cloud Solutions Engineer
- United States
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data - anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
NetApp has made a 'big bet' on providing data management solutions through public cloud providers. Our growing Cloud Data Services team is looking to bring in a talented technical individual who is motivated to make a difference to our company's success with Microsoft Azure.
This next hire will be based in the North East and operate in a presales capacity, working to identify candidate workloads, architect appropriate solutions, design and run proof-of-concepts and onboard customers into active consumption. Much of the customer engagement will be done hand-in-hand with the Microsoft sales teams, where we are providing the technical expertise on cloud services offered by NetApp and Azure (specifically Azure NetApp Files). There is also an evangelism side of the role; we need someone keen to spread the word about how our technology enables innovation in Azure. The focus geography for the role will be North East, but there will be some activity outside of that area.
We are the worldwide field team for NetApp's Cloud Data Services business unit. Our team of sales, technical and customer success are charged with incubating the 13 cloud and software services in our portfolio and exceeding our sales goals. It's a dynamic area of the overall NetApp business, and we pride ourselves on our agility, adaptability and improving our processes over time.
What you can bring to the table:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-drive, or initiative, or however you want to put it. You will not be closely supervised, so we need someone who will go out 'get stuff done', without being prompted
• Ability to prioritise and address multiple projects concurrently
• Appetite to learn and try new things
• Experience running proof-of-concepts for software, hardware or cloud solutions
• Strong practical experience and knowledge of cloud infrastructure (Azure AZ-300 / AZ-301 certifications preferred)
• Familiarity with container orchestration and container runtime concepts and solutions
• On-premises infrastructure and workload experience are a plus
• Ideally - knowledge of NAS and how application workloads such as SAP, HPC, virtual desktops and other workloads can function in these environments
• Willingness to travel within to customer locations, and occasionally further afield
• Strong English language skills (other languages are a plus)
• Qualifying customer needs, and the fit of the solutions NetApp offers in Azure
• Designing solutions that may include one or more of software, cloud subscriptions and professional services; running technical workshops to demonstrate those solutions
• Designing and running proof-of-concepts to illustrate the fit of solutions within the customer's environment
• Handover new customer wins to professional services and / or customer success
• Presenting at customer and partner executive briefings, Microsoft and NetApp sales meetings, etc.
• Participating in / host industry meet-ups and user groups
• Publishing reference architectures, significant wins, etc, internally and / or externally
• Improvement / learning time:
• Staying abreast of the latest developments in public cloud services
• Acquiring / maintaining technical expertise
• Developing or enhancing processes and techniques employed by our sales and technical teams
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Job Segment: Cloud, Medical, Engineer, ERP, Outside Sales, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Sales
Back to top