Cloud Data Services Solutions Engineer
- Research Triangle Park, NC
We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We're focused on one thing, helping your business get the most out of your data. NetApp brings the enterprise-grade data services you rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world's biggest public clouds.
As a cloud-led, data-centric software company, only NetApp can help build your unique data fabric, simplify and connect your cloud, and securely deliver the right data, services and applications to the right people-anytime, anywhere.
The Cloud Data Services SE position is a pre-sales role supporting the sales of the CDS portfolio. Individuals in this role will work in a team environment to help prove the value of the software through demonstration, installation and use of the software in the customers environment, and being a product subject matter expert responding to customers questions.
The SE position requires the ability to understand the current state of customers IT infrastructure and how our portfolio can be utilized to improve the operational control and business impacts.
Key topic areas this role will touch on:
- Installing and configuring software in the public clouds
- Generalist on infrastructure, including storage, network, virtualization and cloud products
- Interface to engineering, document new problems and use cases, testing of same
- Interface to sales, education of sales teams and customers on the products, use cases and limitations
- Presentation/interpretation to customers and account teams of the results
- Storage concepts for traditional on premise systems and cloud native (i.e. FC, iSCSI, FCOE, NFS, CIFS, S3)
- Compute virtualization concepts
- Public and Private cloud concepts
- Experience with "Software as a Service" (SaaS)
- Familiarity with vendor specific architectures (i.e. NetApp, Dell, HP, Cisco, VMWare, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- General understanding of networking and security concepts
- General understanding of containers and orchestration tools (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, AKS, EKS)
This is an entry-level position, typically having 0 - 3 years of relevant industry experience.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
If the Company determines this role will be performed in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is $117,000. This role could be eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, and Employee stock purchase plan.Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Database, Cloud, Medical, Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Research
Back to top