Academy - Solutions Engineer
- Research Triangle Park, NC
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We're focused on one thing, helping your business get the most out of your data. NetApp brings the enterprise-grade data services you rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world's biggest public clouds.
As a cloud-led, data-centric software company, only NetApp can help build your unique data fabric, simplify and connect your cloud, and securely deliver the right data, services and applications to the right people-anytime, anywhere.
The Sales, Services and Support (S3) Academy is designed for entry-level talent. It includes a robust 90 day training, business integration support, and other tailored programs to promote professional development and
community. During this training, Academy Participants gain the foundational knowledge needed to have a basic understanding of the Storage Industry, NetApp, and products and solutions. Additionally, they
effectively develop transferable soft skills that will allow them to excel within the organization and in their long-term careers.
The Sales, Support and Services (S3) Academy is a 2-year global development program for Early-In Career talent who aspire to become the next generation of NetApp Leaders, Sales Professionals and Technical Pioneers.
The S3 Academy focuses on helping top talent reach their full potential by providing an initial 90-day training program. The training immerses participants in the software, systems and cloud technologies that are helping shape the world today and tomorrow.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP's, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.You will work directly with the NetApp Sales team to support customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in identifying customer needs and requirements.
- Define elements of a customer's technical computing environment as assigned by sales reps or more senior level SE's.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and 'try-and-buy' test projects.
- Help define customer acceptance criteria for 'try-and-buy' evaluation projects.
- Pick up and deliver NetApp evaluation test system to customer site.
- Attend customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary.
This is an entry-level position, typically having 0 - 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Engineer, Change Management, Cloud, Testing, Engineering, Management, Technology, Research
Back to top