Seasonal Forklift Operator
- Long Branch, TX
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Duties include participating as a team member in a high-volume manufacturing environment by timely and accurately moving finished product. Technicians must ensure safety and Good Manufacturing Practices are followed at all times. Interact with technical and production team members, safety, and quality control to maximize output efficiency, quality and safety and other duties as assigned.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safely operating a forklift to accurately and efficiently movement all finished product from production to the warehouse or onto trucks for shipment to customers.
- Inspects full goods and raw materials and conducts hourly quality checks to ensure quality product is sent to customers
- Meet or exceed Warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Accurately execute loading/unloading from pick tickets and line loading trailers when possible
- Perform accurate bin transactions and inventory movements per SOPs
- Work as a team with production to ensure no line stoppages occur
- Operate Windows based computer system
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance and equipment changeovers on palletizers
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform loading or palletizing responsibilities as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to work holidays and weekends, as we are a 24/7 business operating through most weekends and holidays
- Willingness to work a 12 hour shift on days (6 am to 6 pm) or nights (6 pm to 6 am)
- Willingness to work a rotating shift schedule (ex. two days on/two days off, three days on/three days off, etc.)
- Prior forklift or heavy equipment experience preferred with prior experience in manufacturing desired
- Exposure to warehouse inventory scanners and basic equipment maintenance preferred
- Solid computer skills, including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and enterprise management software (SAP)
- Ability to work independently or with a team and communicate effectively
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Comfort working in a high speed production environment
- Ability to move/lift 50 lbs various times over a 12 hour shift, basic math and reading skills
- Willingness to work holidays and weekends as we are a 24/7 business operating through most weekends and holidays
- Ability to successfully complete an online skills assessment prior to onsite interview
- Successful completion of a post offer physical, drug screen and background check are required
- Willingness and ability to work in a facility with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hold & cold)
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top