Retail Sales Representative
- Memphis, TN
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
An essential element of our ongoing growth, the Commercial team at Nestlé Waters is the perfect place for ambitious and aspiring individuals to achieve their dreams while building fulfilling careers. Roles on the Commercial team include sales and account professionals and all offer the chance to truly impact our business at our hundreds of Retail partners. Pair this with the support you need to work with confidence - and triumph in everything you do and you have a winning combination. Join this part of Nestlé Waters, and you'll be able to use your talent to have a direct and meaningful impact on our success as you deliver healthy hydration to millions of our customers. Not only that, but you'll discover your accomplishments are recognized with a range of outstanding benefits designed to help you prosper both at work and outside of work.
We are currently seeking a Retail Sales Representative to be located in Memphis, Tennessee and report to the Retail Unit Leader. The primary responsibilities will include:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell against customer or channel objectives in order to influence retailer orders and obtain orders where appropriate.
- Ensure that NWNA programming off shelf in territory to maximize points of interruption and cases on the floor.
- Ensure execution of shelf standards within territory.
- Understand and leverage tools to enable success in territory. Review and utilize appropriate sales data to win.
- Route coverage appropriately based on sales opportunity within territory.
- Build superior relationships and communication with multiple points of contact in each store (effectively wired at store level)
- Communicate effectively internally at all times when reporting results, sharing successes, working closely with teammates, Retail Unit Leader and Headquarter Sales counterparts.
- 4 year college degree (preferred); Military experience is a plus.
- Physical demands to include lifting/carry up to 40 lbs., frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, etc.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Systems aptitude- ability to navigate Microsoft Office and a handheld tablet comfortably and appropriately
- Initiative; self-starter
- Organizational and time management skills (ability to prioritize and effectively execute day)
- Effective communication skills
- Sound judgment and ability to receive and internalize constructive feedback (emotional intelligence)
- Results focused
- Ability to travel overnight 40% of the time
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top