Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Allentown, PA
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you'll be part of our manufacturing backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of 5 to 10 team members (QA Techs and Sanitation Techs) to achieve quality metrics in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
- Partner cross functionally with the Planning, Production, and Warehouse teams to maximize results
- Facilitate the execution of changes and activities needed to support Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and the pursuit of TPM
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements
- Assist the QA Manager with leading all company Quality initiatives and Quality audits locally
- Track, analyze, and lead initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues within the plant
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling and sanitation activities
- Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies such as filters, chemicals and lab supplies
- Use continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline quality processes
- Ensure plant compliance to good hygiene practices, good manufacturing practices (GMP's) and HACCP
- Communicate new quality programs as needed and facilitate or support the training of plant personnel
- Offer expertise and assistance in managing the plant water sources and monitor over fill and water usage reporting
- Responsible for recording keeping requirements within the laboratory
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Biology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Five or more years of experience in quality assurance within clean (food, bev, pharma) manufacturing and two or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Prior experience in the consumer products industry or food and beverage with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulation necessary
- Understanding of quality testing and standards within the food and beverage industry to include analytical, microbiological and sensory
- Demonstrated application of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's) and knowledge of GMP's
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
- Familiarity with quality and hygiene regulations as it relates to FDA and state requirements preferred
- Knowledge and exposure to Six Sigma, and various problem solving methodologies needed, TPM exposure preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software (SAP preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action
- Solid problem solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity
- Demonstrated track record of developing employees
- Ability and willingness to respond to after hours calls for critical issues and provide weekend coverage a few times/year.
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top