PLC Maintenance Mechanic
- Houston, TX
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE DEMONSTRATED STRONG ATTENDANCE, ATTITUDE, DEDICATION, AND COMMITMENT IN THEIR CURRENT ROLE
JOB SUMMARY Support factory needs in regards to all equipment to achieve plan and improve on process performance and preventative maintenance PLC, electrical, and mechanical systems. Support and actively manage troubleshooting and preventative maintenance program to maximize equipment availability, reduce energy and water usage.
Actively demonstrating support through interactions with solid communication skills, attitude, dedication, commitment respect, pride and trust.
- Perform maintenance tasks to include - repairing, fabricating, planning, coordinating, and improving, from minor rebuilds to major overhauls on all equipment.
- Program or perform repairs on PLC systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on PLC systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Identify processing waste reduction, and process improvement opportunities
- Streamline preventative maintenance program to help reduce costs of operations.
- Direct equipment installations, retrofits and upgrades to include vendors and contractors
- Support (thru cross training) in other areas covered by the technical team
- Will actively support NCE through GO SEES - DMAIC projects - Breakdown analysis- Debriefs and shift handoffs meetings when required
- Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to -Production support - Mechanical Room- Water Processing - Boiler Room -Waste Water Treatment- Water Chemical Treatment Program -
- Three to Five years proven PLC maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must currently be in a mechanic position to apply.
- Must have knowledge level of PLC programming and automation (Allen Bradley and Siemens)
- Must have knowledge of Network (device net, ether net, GE In elusion)
- Must have experience in electronics, electrical systems, mechanical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and water processing
- Prior experience with high and low pressure compressors, water treatment, boilers is preferred.
- Boiler operation certification is a PLUS
- Advanced computer navigation skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to vary schedule and work over time as needed to include call ins (company will supply cell phone) to support team or Production needs, including on weekends or holidays.
- Must have and display a positive attitude, strong social skill and exhibit teamwork through daily interactions.
- Communicate, coach and train employees to continuously improve team's ability to respond to equipment failures and loss of production.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with all employees
Ability to be self-managed, scheduling and performing work often unsupervised.
Back to top