MES Automation Specialist
- Fremont, MI
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you'll be part of our manufacturing backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We currently have an opening for a MES / Automation Specialist, based in Stanwood, MI. This exciting position will be supporting the digital transformation and sustainability in manufacturing for NWNA in the Central Region. This requires strong technical and communication skills to manage NWNA FAS/LMS SCADA/MES and automation manufacturing infrastructure. This position will work closely with the Market Digital in Manufacturing teams and the factories in the Central Region to support projects, maintain local systems and provide level 2 support for the Central Region factories, ensuring quality of the delivery, availability and performances on all OT, SCADA/MES and automation systems.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
a) PAC/PLC Control Systems
- Support the factory automation and Controls Technician(s) in the below areas:
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting production PAC/PLC's, their control systems and associated hardware
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting production HMI systems and code
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting production VFD and servo drive systems
- Systematic back up and change control of PAC/PLC, HMI and associated peripheral equipment programs
- Intermediate to advanced PAC/PLC, HMI and drive system programming
- Interactive support of the automation obsolesce program.
- Interpret electrical schematics and complex safety circuit networks
b) System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)/Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Intermediate knowledge of GE Proficy iFix and Historian, Rockwell SE, OPC Servers, MS SQL Server to support guided configuration and enhancements.
- Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting of messaging from production floor equipment to-and-from the SCADA/MES systems.
- Perform security updates and maintain backup and recovery plans for SCADA/MES.
- Maintain secure 3rd party access and remote connectivity to the LMS systems.
c) Operational Technology [OT]
- Intermediate troubleshooting of Microsoft Server platforms using remote desktop protocol
- Intermediate troubleshooting of network switches, Internet Protocal routing and machine messaging protocols. TCP/IP, Modbus, DH , RSControlNet etc.
- Working knowledge of the FASDMZ Firewall architecture
- Monitor Firewall log files to identify traffic issues and build Firewall rules
- Maintain LMS (Locally Managed Systems) Active Directory Groups and accounts used to interface with the SCADA/MES systems
- Maintain inventory of SQL logins and password used by SCADA/MES Applications
- Maintain inventory of AD Service accounts used by SCADA/MES Applications
d) Industrial Performance Improvement
- Ensure accurate documentation of all local MES&A and automation platforms. Technical Architecture Manuals and Technical Operations Manuals.
- Support the analyses of performance data to improve electrical and automation equipment unplanned stops.
- Analyze performance data to implement automation improvements which provides positive contribution to all key plant indicators (safety, quality, cost, and service).
- Participate in capital and process improvement teams
e) Competency Building
- Work closely with factory Automation, Engineering and Operations teams to coach and assess competencies in regards to area of focus
- Act as positive change agent and Liaison between market and factory teams to ensure effective and clear communication in regards to
- Assist in tracking and improving competency-building plans for key MES and Automation roles.
- 7-10 Years' industrial MES and automation experience and Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering Technology (Mechanical Eng.; Food Tech. Eng.; Chemical Eng., Electrical Eng.) or 10 Years experience and Associates degree in Computer Science/Engineering Technology
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform, Rockwell SE or similar MES applications
- Experience with SAP data flows for Manufacturing and Warehouse systems and their integration to MES.
- Has strength in visualizing complete projects at the conceptual stage. Will be highly motivated, well organized, goal oriented
- Must be a team player and have strong abilities to participate in project teams.
- Must be proficient in the use of common software packages including
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Visio, Project, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD for the preparation of presentation and working documents.
- Experience providing training and to generating training material
- Travel requirements as necessary 10%
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top