Maintenance Mechanic C
- Jersey City, NJ
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Plan, lead and execute preventative maintenance to minimize equipment downtime. Weekends and various shifts, based on business needs
Complete reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from equipment failures by repairing mechanical, electrical, and structural components
Create retrofits and fabrication, complete machine tear down/repair and assembly and work on PLCs, VFDs, and electric motors
Conduct creative problem solving to identify and perform equipment improvements
Coach operators and peers on basic maintenance and equipment settings
Participate in special project work on equipment upgrades or installations
Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily production schedule is met
Maintain partnerships with team members and vendors using effective communication
Provide break relief to production operators or team members as needed
Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties
Lead from TPM -PM PillarsREQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High school diploma or GED; additional technical training or certifications desired
• Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing tasks and comfort working in a high speed production environment
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills; PLC experience desired
• Solid computer skills, including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with CMMS or ERP systems needed, SAP experience preferred
• Ability to work independently or with a team and communicate effectively
• Solid problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to coach others
• Able to lift 100 lbs and pull 120 lbs as needed while performing work
• Able to work with an awkward posture for 2 hours or more
• Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Must pass mechanical aptitude test to be considered for position
• 3 to 5 years' experience in manufacturing maintenance preferred
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top