Maintenance Mechanic B
- Fremont, MI
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
The Ice Mountain facility in Stanwood, Michigan is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. The Maintenance Mechanic will support the production team to achieve plan by continuously improving on process efficiency and line performance. Support the TPM process and work as a team member to improve changeovers, PM's, continuous improvement project completion and other assignments outside of the department as needed. Support and actively manage troubleshooting and preventive maintenance training programs to maximize equipment availability and minimize DH. Ability to cross train in other areas of the plant will be necessary.
• Maintain, fix, and improve equipment used in bottling operation.
• Plan, organize and lead preventive maintenance on all equipment.
• Work with the team of technicians to meet daily schedule requirements; provide break relief as needed.
• Reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from component failure
• Enters quote, Sap and required data in the work order system
• Work with technical department to support maintenance that is required
• Proactive maintenance to minimize equipment downtime
• Good Communication skills to maintain a winning attitude with all team members
• Creative problem solving to perform equipment improvements
• Planning of PM and project work
• Provide break relief to team members
• Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties
• Repair mechanical, electrical, and structural components
• Create retrofits and fabrication as needed, machine tear down/repair and assembly
• Work on PLC, VFD's, and electric motors
• Participate and execute BDAs and GSTDsQUALIFICATIONS
• 5 or more years of previous maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
• Solid computer use and navigation skills, SAP experience preferred
• Ability to be self-managed, scheduling and performing work, often unsupervised
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills
• Reliable, motivated, willingness to continuously improve
• Will be required to pass a pre-employment maintenance test for further consideration
• Able to lift 100 lbs and pull 118 lbs as needed to perform work
• Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop and climb
• Able to work with an awkward posture for 2 hours or more
• All other duties as assigned
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top