- Valdosta, GA
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
We are currently seeking a Forklift Operator to join our team in our manufacturing and distribution facility.
Duties include participating as a team member in a high-volume manufacturing environment by timely and accurately loading and unloading trucks per pick ticket requirements. Technicians must maintain the warehouse in an organized and clean manner to ensure safety and Good Manufacturing Practices. Interact with warehouse team members, production and quality control to maximize output efficiency, quality and safety and other duties as assigned.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Safely operates forklift
• Ensure quality product is sent to customer
• Accurately executes loading/unloading from pick ticket
• Operates Windows based computer system
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance
• Perform equipment changeovers
• Able to trouble shoot mechanical issues and some computer issues
• Inspects full goods as produced and pallets or other raw materials as unloaded.
• Works well with others in team environment
• Able to train others on job functions
• Participate in team functions as required
• Be willing to be trained in all warehouse functions this includes Dock Coordinator and Yard Driver (do not need to currently have any skill sets but be willing to TRAIN)Key qualifications include:
• Two or more years prior forklift experience with a solid safety record, ideally in a fast paced forklift environment
• Prior exposure to manufacturing desired, preferably the food or beverage industry with knowledge of GMPs
• Demonstrated sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast pace forklift environment
• Ability to work independently or with a team with solid communication skills
• Solid problem solving and decision making skills
• Willingness to work holidays and weekends as we are a 24/7 business operating through most weekends and holidays. Shift will be assigned after hire and may be dayshift or nightshift.
• Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts and work on days off if necessary.
• Willingness and ability to work in a warehouse with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hold & cold)
• Fork Truck Certification or ability to be trained.
• CDL certification or willing to be trained
• Excel/Windows experience, need ability but can be trained on SAP programs.
• Basic computer navigation skills, or show ability and desire to be trained on these skills
IMPORTANT POSTING NOTICE
All internal applicants must follow the internal application process by first applying in NesCareers, then notifying their resource by completing the Job Posting Application Form available at the HR Office. All forms must be submitted within 7 days of posting.
All internal applicants must have successfully completed IDP New Hire, 45 day evaluation and/or 120 day evaluation.
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply."
Back to top