Distribution Center Manager
- Manhattan, NY
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It's another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You've no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Customer Operations Manager to be located in Jamaica, New York and report to the Zone General Manager. This role is an integral part of the ReadyRefresh Customer Operations team, responsible for providing timely, quality service to our customers. The position will focus efforts in three primary areas. First and foremost, the COM will manage our zone branch, and own all daily servicing of the branches' customers. To support this objective, the COM will manage teams of Frontline Supervisors (Unit Leaders) and Warehouse Manager, who oversee service and logistics, respectively. Lastly, COMs will be responsible for facilitating critical facility management activities.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive customer satisfaction through the ownership of daily execution for designated branches, including customer service, order delivery, and warehousing
- Own execution and adherence to standards for all branch processes related to customer service, order delivery, and warehousing
- Uphold frontline employee safety through the regulation of safety policy compliance, behaviors, and the identification and execution of safety improvement opportunities
- Carry out facilities management-related tasks for the branch including, but not limited to the administration of facility utilities and services, negotiation of service contracts and management of all facility maintenance requests and upgrades
- Oversee execution of all warehousing and logistics-related activities needed to ensure that all ReadyRefresh vehicles have the product needed to service customers on a daily basis
- Own escalation of customer service complaints to relevant support teams, and oversee rectification of shortcomings
- Supervise frontline leaders (Unit Leaders and Warehouse Manager), including assigning teams and responsibilities, and managing escalations
- Foster sense of accountability and teamwork among entire population of branch resources, including both direct reports (ULs and WMs) and their teams
- Manage both the professional and personal development of direct reports through frequent coaching and development of performance objectives and personal growth and development goals
- Liaise with COM peers and superiors to share best practices and leverage knowledge to help define future strategies and processes for ReadyRefresh Operations function
- Serve as ambassador for ReadyRefresh brand in the marketplace by ensuring all branch personal maintain high standards of service and professionalism when interacting with customers
Key success measures associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Customer satisfaction of those serviced in assigned branches' regions
- Percent of orders delivered on schedule and complete for assigned branches
- Safety of employees in service delivery and vehicle operation, as defined by ReadyRefresh guidelines and standards
- Product quality (resulting from lack of delivery damage) and timely resolution of any potential defects
- Personal & professional development of subordinates, demonstrated through completion of PE / PDG and employees' progress towards individual goals
- Employees' adherence to standards for professionalism and courteousness
- Regular collaboration with COM peers to share best practices
- 8 years in Customer Service, Operations, or Logistics roles
- Experience successfully managing large teams (e.g. 20 people) of service, operations, or logistics employees required
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Understands supply chain functions, including operations, routing, distribution, warehousing, and logistics
- Has demonstrated success in a number of diverse customer service and operations roles
- Extensive experience managing operational delivery processes
- Prior experience managing a facility / branch preferred
- Ability to weigh tradeoffs to arrive at a solution that is acceptable for both the customer & NWNA
- Experience providing a high level of customer service
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing and anticipating change and challenges
- "Team player" with demonstrated track record of collaboration with others to solve difficult problems and drive business improvement
- Proven leader with experience managing and motivating multiple individuals concurrently
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top