- Ontario, CA
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
We currently have an opening for Transportation Dispatcher in our Mira Loma plant.
Main job responsibility is dispatcher for Transportation drivers for the So Cal area as well as third party carriers. Performs various work assignments in connection with delivery of products associated with the company business. The Transport Dispatcher ensures that all scheduled loads are delivered timely to meet all requirements. Supports and interacts with the Transport Safety Trainer and the NWNA Fleet department to maintain safe effective equipment. As well as providing administrative assistance as needed to the employees and leadership.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates, reviews and posts shipment orders, verifying destination and load contents. Completes shipment orders as required in an accurate and timely manner. Schedules drivers and tenders all loads, spring hauls, Grocery, Branches and Transport support functions.
- Review and perform random compliance checks on IFTA required Federal reporting.
- Confirm and update all Transport driver efficiency and daily department earned reports.
- Reports any and all accidents or damage to his/her Manager, Supervisor and Safety Cord immediately or as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations helpful.
- Coordinate and route pick-up and delivery
- Ability to process a large number of details in coordinating loading/unloading of trucks
- Dispatch and Monitor Driver Status. Maintain frequent contact with assigned drivers, monitoring call-offs, fatigue concerns and equipment issues
- Assist in orienting drivers on proper ways to communicate, report to work, and other scheduling expectations
- Work with drivers who have unique scheduling needs or issues that arise. Ensure coordination with supervisors and managers for special items such as leaves of absence, extended time off requests or concerns about meeting expectations
- Handle urgent situations such as the need to recover truck, freight, or driver, traffic, weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may prevent on-time delivery
- Coordinate with Maintenance on trucks out of service or returning to service to plan and dispatch accordingly
- Various systems management (internal and external) to accomplish daily, weekly, and monthly tasks
- Provide status updates for customers into TMS (Transportation Management System) and FourKites
- Monitor and update Transport KPI's
- Ability to create dynamic reporting for key measurable and performance tracking
- Ability to identify process improvements with attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions based on cost and service drivers to best serve the organization
- Ability to work well in teams and work with remote teammates
- Paperwork management (securing necessary paperwork, filing, etc.)
- Background and experience in key functions of Supply Chain. Including but not limited to Warehousing, Transportation, Reverse Logistics, Returns Management, and Customer Service required.
- High school diploma, GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Exceptional Work Ethic / Dependability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Work on more than one assignment at a time remaining focused with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays. Maintain a great attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access), strong Excel skills and SAP experience a plus!
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Back to top