Nestio is looking for a Product Designer to help us on our mission to build awesome software for landlords and real estate brokers. We’re looking for a passionate, curious, energetic, and proactive design thinker who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic atmosphere and has the ability to translate complex design problems into simple and delightful user experiences.
Product Designers at Nestio work on every part of the design process, from research and prototyping, to final visual design. We design new features and iterate on existing ones with the goal of creating simple yet powerful user experiences that both satisfy Nestio’s business goals and empower our customers in reaching their own goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create low fidelity prototypes and test them with customers to validate ideas and test usability
- Create high fidelity, pixel perfect visual designs based on our style guide
- Assist Engineers with implementing designs by creating detailed redlines and contributing to our live style guide
- Lead usability tests and exploratory research calls with customers
- Incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders and external customers into designs
- Look at product usage metrics to see how designs are being received and determine next steps
- Help shape and evolve our style guide as our platform grows
What you have:
- A good eye! You are a true bar raiser when it comes to pushing the boundaries of visual and interactive design.
- Confidence and desire to jump into all aspects of the design process with an interest in solving complex, enterprise problems.
- An ability to thrive in an environment with a constantly changing landscape
- An appreciation for collaboration and research and you apply this across the product.
- You have the ability to share your designs openly and explain design decisions to stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience designing for the web and mobile.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design ability and systems approach through a variety of solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- A solid understanding of technical limitations and liberties to make solid design decisions. While this is not a coding role, front-end development skills are a huge bonus.
- A highly refined aesthetic sense that can both work within and expand the Nestio style.
- A high-generative capacity, with the ability to accept and give thoughtful design critique within a collaborative environment.
- A self-starter attitude and hunger to own projects from concept to finish.
- The ability to collaborate and work in a team setting with designers and non-designers alike.
- A passion for design and learning new methods, and a demonstrated sense of design and intellectual curiosity.
- An ability to think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- A drive to constantly push your limits and search for opportunities to become better.
- The ability to thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience designing mobile apps
- Experience working on at least one big, complicated product
- Experience working in a structured product discovery process
- Light Front-end Dev experience
Why you care:
Nestio is the dominant provider of cloud-based software for residential multi-family landlords and brokers to manage their leasing and marketing operations. We’re a passionate and growing team, constantly challenging ourselves and each other to isolate problems and find creative solutions. We value our culture and community at Nestio and everyone has a voice. Based in NYC, we are funded by leading VC’s and angels, including Trinity Ventures, Freestyle Capital, Box Group, Quotidian Ventures, Lazerow Ventures and Joanne Wilson.
Back to top