Engineering Lead / Manager
Nestio is the software powering millions of real estate listings in major cities around the US. We’re looking for a player/coach leader for our growing Engineering team. We will look to you to drive the Engineering team forward, define and build a strong culture, and become a thought partner and leader to the rest of the organization.
Our go-to technologies are Python, Django, and PostgreSQL on the back-end and React/Redux on the front-end. We're constantly expanding beyond those to things like Flask, Go, Redis, or whatever tool helps create a maintainable solution to the problem at hand. We maintain all this with an agile workflow, a robust test suite, continuous integration, and code reviews for all deployed code.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Motivating: You find ways to encourage those around you to do their best work and grow.
- Collaborative: You work well with others, and include them as often as you can.
- Curious: You like to ask questions and form solutions.
- Resourceful: You can get the work done with little guidance and can get scrappy when you have to drive results.
- Analytical: You have strong attention to detail, and consider both the long and short term implications of your technical decisions.
- Technical: You get close to the code, and insist on contributing as often as possible.
- Communicative: You can relay information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, and you keep people updated on the status of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and engineers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Act as a player coach leading and mentoring a group of engineers,
- Drive developer productivity and solve issues standing in their way.
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering lead to set technical direction.
- Participate in technical recruitment efforts and hiring processes.
What you’ve done/What you know:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years in lead role.
- Have a track record of leading, motivating, and contributing to productive engineering teams.
- Deep experience with one or more modern web application frameworks, like Django, Flask, Rails, etc.
- Advocate of pragmatic testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Nestio offers the most complete marketing and leasing management solution for residential landlords and brokers. We capture and structure data and insights from the thousands of real estate listings and millions of consumer interactions that pass through our system each day, and surface those to our clients through our beautiful, easy-to-use platform. From top national management companies to boutique brokerages, thousands of multifamily professionals rely on Nestio’s intuitive software to manage their inventory from one place, optimize the tenant experience from prospect to close and drive more revenue.
Meet Some of Nestio's Employees
Michael oversees the day-to-day operations at the office, from billing to revenue reporting and new process implementations that streamline office efficiency.
Back to top