Senior Android Engineer
- Chicago, IL
About the Role
As a Senior Android Engineer at Nerdery, you'll work on projects for a variety of clients while being empowered to reach your personal development goals. Most of our engineers contribute to multiple projects each year. Some of the cool things we've done recently include:
- Flagship Retail Apps
- Medical Devices
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Augmented Reality
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with talented engineers to craft brilliant applications from even bigger ideas. You’re a strong developer who pays attention to the details of a design, chooses the right tool(s) for the job, and values including all users.
- Strong Native Android app development experience with Kotlin or Java
- Experience leading a team of Android engineers
- Experience architecting medium to large sized applications
- Experience with Cloud Firestore is a plus
- Experience with unit testing is a plus
- Architect and implement maintainable, scalable, and modular applications and integrate them with a diverse set of back-end platforms
- Work with enterprise clients to understand business needs and craft technical solutions
- Provide technical feedback and mentorship to other team members
- We have a unique culture. One that allows for autonomy, flexibility, transparency, and laughter all while challenging yourself to grow.
- Our people make the difference, truly. We have a knack for hiring passionate, kind, hard-working people who are enjoyable to work with.
- At Nerdery, you have the opportunity to collaborate with your team and work directly with clients to help solve their Android development struggles. Not only that, but you also get to work side by side with mobile-specialized UX designers to craft transformational user-focused solutions.
- With us, you'll have great work-life balance, make new friends & enjoy colleagues who have your back, be challenged to grow, and have fun while doing what you do best - Android development.
Once you apply, a Talent Advocate (not a robotic system) will review your application and contact you to set up an initial phone screen if you're a good fit. If you're not a fit, we'll let you know that, too. No one likes to be left hanging after sending in an application, and we get that.
Back to top