Cloud Engineer (AWS)
The Cloud Engineer will be helping Nerdery’s clients in designing, configuration and implementation of their enterprise cloud platforms. In this role, they will have end to end responsibilities on strategy, design, set up and operations of cloud platforms. Most importantly, they embrace Nerdery’s unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our 200+ developer team. Conversely, they would be humbly ready to absorb Nerdery goodness from the collective brain power of our amazing team.
What you'll do:
- Work with our clients to design, and deliver systems for complex custom projects using the latest cloud platforms
- Ensure proper integration between software applications and infrastructure architecture
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security and supportability
- Act as a client facing leader focusing on Cloud platform and services implementation
- Architect AWS cloud environments from inception through production
What you'll have:
- At least 3 years of AWS administration and/or development using these services: ELB, EC2, ECS or EKS, ECR, S3, SQS, SNS, SSM, Secrets Manager, KMS, RDS, IAM, AutoScaling, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Inspector, and WAF.
- Must be highly proficient using the AWS CLI
- Strong Terraform or CloudFormation experience
- Recent experience using both GitLab and Nexus
- At least 2 years of Python programming with an emphasis on automation using AWS Lambda.
- Experience within highly regulated environments (i.e., healthcare, government, etc)
- Expertise with third party CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, Travis)
- This is an opportunity to help grow our AWS domain for Nerdery, an opportunity that doesn't come around often.
- You have the ability to work from Phoenix, Chicago, or Minneapolis. Travel is occasional, not a crazy amount.
- We take our work seriously, but we also have a lot of fun doing it. From yearly scavenger hunts to team wellness challenges, game-jams, MeetUps and more, we take our culture seriously around here.
- You get to work with the best people on the planet. 100%.
- Fantastic work/life balance. We are consistently rated very highly in this category from existing employees, and we love that.
Once you apply, a Talent Advocate will review your application and if you're a good fit, reach out to set up an initial phone screen. What happens after that is up to you!
Back to top