Business Applications Developer
A Business Applications Developer serves as a technical leader in the design, coding, testing, support, deployment, and debugging of both software development and system administration projects. This role requires superior technical knowledge in order to resolve questions and challenges from developers and internal stakeholders. This position is highly engaged within Nerdery and is expected to provide strategic technology direction. A BAD will be frequently called upon to interact directly with internal stakeholders.
As an employee of the Technology Services team this role will be expected to be an active member of project teams and abide by the core values of the organization.
- Acting as a key player in the implementation and integration of our UltiPro and Netsuite ERP solution.
- Works proactively to discover and understand Nerdery’s needs, communicating objectively with Technology Services and internal stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Accurately assesses the complexity and difficulty of a software development task. Gathers and defines technical requirements, ensuring reliable data is provided for resourcing and technical services.
- Defines project architecture according to internal stakeholder needs. Evaluate technical solutions and makes optimal technical decisions in line with stakeholder needs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of project deployments, ensuring stakeholders receive a smooth transition from design/test phase to live web sites or applications to continuous development.
- Create or oversee the creation of project documentation (eg. scope documents, test plans, deployment plans, milestones, and timelines).
- Coordinates project efforts between multiple departments to facilitate successful completion.
- Support advanced usages of Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack, and ERP
- Support integrations between various business systems (Salesforce, ERP, Atlassian)
- Serves as a point of escalation for critical issues.
- Completes project development tasks as assigned, ensuring code conformity to established methodologies and standards.
- Performs other duties as directed and as needed.
- 5+ years related experience required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and generate creative solutions
- Strong understanding of programming principles and patterns and comfortable mentoring others
- Expert knowledge of standard tools used to support software development (e.g. version control, bug tracking, and deployment).
- Knowledge of PHP or Java and willingness to learn both languages
- Experience using or writing web services (REST, SOAP)
- Relational database design and syntax (Mysql or pgSQL preferred)
- Symfony, Laravel or a modern MVC framework
- Experience integrating enterprise class systems
- Basic knowledge of GNU/Linux and a web server (Apache, Nginx or Tomcat) is a plus
Back to top