- Dublin, Ireland
The role of Vision Engineer is an exciting and key technical position within NEP Irelands' Vision team.
You will apply and develop your skills within our fleet of UHD and HD outside broadcast trucks and fly-pack systems.
The Engineer will gain experience Vision Mixers, Routing systems, HD and UHD Cameras, Talkback systems, Control systems and more.
The Engineer will have the aim of progressing to the role of Guarantee Vision Engineer where you are responsible for the technical delivery of OBs within a defined timescale and will be tasked with delivering high standard OB solutions to our clients' specifications.
This position will include travel. A full clean driving licence is essential.
- Learn and develop your skills in Vision control operations.
- Assist the guarantee engineer in the delivery of outside broadcasts, both at our base in Kilcoole and onsite at various locations, domestically and internationally.
- Assist in the build and deployment of fly-pack systems, under the guidance of a Senior Broadcast Engineer, from a client specification.
- Assist in following up faults and the maintenance of our fleet.
- Apply and develop skills to help in first-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds.
- Learn how to interpret and implement instructions and requests from clients, producers, directors and other colleagues.
- Recognise skills and weaknesses and seek appropriate training.
- Take direction from the Vision guarantee, Technical Project Manager(s) / Unit Manager(s), Head of Operations and Head of Vision prior to an OB to ensure that the correct equipment is booked and loaded. Work across the business to best use company assets and practices.
- Strive to learn the operation of the NEP fleet, with the aim of progressing to a Guarantee Vision Engineer.
- Level 8 (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline with some industrial or outside broadcast engineering experience.
- Previous experience working in outside broadcast facilities as a trainee engineer would be beneficial.
- Awareness of the building blocks of a basic outside broadcast solution.
- Knowledge and experience of IP systems would be an advantage.
- Good fault-finding skills (desirable).
- An awareness of Health & Safety.
- Developing communication and client facing skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to work to very tight deadlines.
- Logical thought processes; ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative; meticulous attention to detail; pro-active and self-motivated.
- Flexible attitude.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Full clean Irish driving licence.
Back to top