Senior Broadcast Engineer
NEP UK, part of the NEP Worldwide Network, is the leading provider of outside broadcasting, fixed rig, and remote production and media workflow solutions. With over 30 years of experience serving the broadcast and live events industry, NEP UK delivers the highest quality content with credits including, The Championships at Wimbledon, The Michael McIntyre Show, British horse racing, The Premier League, The Proms, Love Island, Big Brother and the award winning Channel 4 'Educating...' series.
NEP specialises in the latest technological solutions and boasts a talented team that is dedicated to making sure the most prestigious broadcast events worldwide are delivered at the highest standard from concept through to creation.
NEP's team of more than 3,600 employees are driven by passion and a focus on technical innovation, and together they have supported productions in over 65 countries on all 7 continents. Headquartered in the United States, NEP has offices in 24 other countries.
This is an exciting and key technical role acting as a Senior Broadcast Engineer and EIC on a range of NEP projects. This will include our fleet of UHD and HD outside broadcast trucks, fly-pack systems and new future-proofed IP capable trucks, which are SMPTE ST2110 compliant and adopt the new Grass Valley IQ UCP 25GbE gateway card as part of their revolutionary core architecture. You will be tasked to deliver high standard OB solutions to our clients' specifications.
Engineers will continue to develop their knowledge with Kahuna Vision Mixers, Telex Talkback systems, Arista 7504 IP switches and Axon Cerebrum control systems.
Our HQ is in Bracknell, Berkshire and primary deployments will be with our fleet in the UK, however applicants must be willing and prepared to travel internationally.
• Show significant understanding of vision control operations and be able to operate as a Vision Supervisor on all types of OB's.
• Have a deep knowledge of the wider OB solution, including power requirements, air conditioning and unit hydraulic operation. Offer skills for rectifying faults with these systems as required.
• Fully understand the workflow of sound and communications systems and be able to provide support to colleagues in these departments.
• Guarantee outside broadcasts domestically and internationally.
• Work closely with the audio and communications departments to understand common project goals.
• Have/develop a deep knowledge of our UHD units and the technologies deployed within them. Play a leading role in the deployment of contractual requirements as well as adhoc solutions within these units.
• Progress your engineering knowledge into the new world of IP infrastructure and the advantages this brings to the production workflow.
• Play a leading role in the design, planning, build and deployment of fly-pack systems and major projects, worldwide.
• Provide a level of consultancy to Technical Project Managers to ensure the technical specifications for a project are correctly aligned.
• Follow up faults and play a leading role in the maintenance of our fleet.
• First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds.
• Interpret and implement instructions and requests from clients, producers, directors and other colleagues.
• Be recognised for your exemplary client relationships and communicative skills.
• Recognise skills and weaknesses and seek appropriate training.
• Take direction from the Technical Project Manager(s) / Unit Manager(s), Head of Operations and Head of Vision & VT prior to an OB to ensure that the correct equipment is booked and loaded. Work across the business to best use company assets and practices.
Skills / Qualifications
• HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
• Previous experience working in outside broadcast facilities.
• Understanding of the building blocks of a basic outside broadcast solution.
• Networking and IP infrastructure knowledge.
• Excellent fault-finding and practical skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Logical thought processes; ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to use initiative; meticulous attention to detail; pro-active and self-motivated.
• Flexible attitude.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Time management skills and ability to work to very tight deadlines.
• Full clean UK driving licence.
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top