- Dublin, Ireland
NEP Ireland, part of the NEP Worldwide Network, is the premier provider of mobile television units in the UK and Ireland. The role of Satellite Engineer is an exciting and key technical role working on a range of NEP projects. The successful candidate will be a self- starter, competent in all aspects of satellite broadcasting, including the use of the technical equipment required for the day to day running of the satellite broadcast operation. While extensive experience in satellite broadcasting is required, there is also full-time engineering support available in-house for the maintenance and repair of technical equipment. An interest in engineering development projects and in radio camera operation would be desirable.
This position will include travel both domestic and international and will require weekend and evening work.
- Responsible for the delivery of live outside broadcasts, corporate events or news events, working mainly in the UK and Ireland but also further afield on occasions.
- First line fault finding and the maintenance of equipment.
- Repair or organise repair of a range of broadcast and satellite equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds.
- Learn how to interpret and implement instructions and requests from clients, producers, directors and other colleagues.
- Work closely with the OB companies in UK and Ireland. Learn the operation of the NEP Ireland fleet of satellite trucks.
- The satellite truck is often configured as a multicamera OB where the engineer needs to work closely with the OB team.
- Work on new technical development projects.
- Keep abreast of new developments in satellite broadcasting.
- Learn the operation of radio cameras. In house training will be provided.
Skills / Qualifications
- Desirable but not essential - Third level course (or equivalent) in a relevant electronics/telecommunications discipline
- Experienced in operating a satellite truck.
- Awareness of the building blocks of an outside broadcast solution/satellite transmission solution.
- Knowledge and experience of IP systems would be an advantage.
- Good fault-finding skills.
- An awareness of Health & Safety.
- Developing communication and client facing skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to work to very tight deadlines.
- Logical thought processes; ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative; meticulous attention to detail; pro-active and self-motivated.
- Flexible attitude.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Full clean driving licence. (A minimum 7.5 tonne licence is required, and a HGV licence would be an advantage but is not a requirement)
Back to top