The purpose of this position is to serve as a project planner / coordinator and oversee equipment needs for major projects and productions.
- Interface and communicate collaboratively with all departments to ensure that proper information is conveyed to all parties and the production and engineering execution of each event is flawless
- Work with Sales VP and Acct Managers, Client and Field Engineering team to plan the technical and staff/travel aspects of projects.
- Write or determine tech specs for shows when no technical manager exists from the client
- Act as the principal technical bridge, problem solver and coordinating resource between Engineers, Client and Sales VP / Acct Managers
- Assist with on-site technical coordinator at events
- Attend Production Meetings and Site Surveys to assist in show planning details. Assist on-site when needed getting shows underway then return to shop to work on other shows
- Coordinate the on-site engineers and delivery drivers (when necessary)
- Take high level sales quotes provided to the client by the Sales VP / Acct Managers and enter the detailed equipment needs into FLEX inventory system and scheduling system as soon as possible. Update FLEX with all changes / additional equipment sent out to the job
- Work with the Equipment Coordinator and Account Manager to rent any necessary equipment
- Work with the Purchasing Coordinator to purchase any necessary equipment
- Work with Sales VP (future Sales Acct Managers) and Field Engineers to ensure that all events are crewed with the proper personnel
- Schedule labor using the scheduling system (ScheduAll) and FLEX (or equivalent) inventory system
- Assist with credentials, communicating crew call times, etc. Make crewing and travel arrangements when needed
- Obtain and approve insurance certificates for each show
- Maintain and organize Show Files
- Maintain an organized and clean warehouse
- Facilitate the departure and return of products and gear to the warehouse. Coordinate loading and unloading of trucks/gear and the labor needed to do so. Scan all returning equipment before returning it to the shelf, when in doubt scan it again.
- Control equipment inventory by utilizing Flex and assist with bar coding process. Properly store and move equipment as needed. Make sure all packages are correctly checked in before moving equipment to appropriate locations within the shop or sending it out to a show.
- Serve as the 1st call for equipment needs.
- Coordinate shipping of equipment for all events. Track shipments en route to their destinations, confirming all deliveries
- Work closely with the Account Manager, Equipment Coordinators and Field Engineering team to ensure complete control of all equipment
- Contribute to the organization and facilitate an efficient and courteous working environment between all departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years industry related experience in project management, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast management, technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable TV networks.
- Ability to multi-task, plan projects, and implements them efficiently and cost effectively.
- Must be able to communicate and interface professionally with clients and other employees.
- Must be willing and able to travel -requires travel.
- Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
Meet Some of NEP's Employees
Mobile Unit Engineer, U.S. Mobile Units
Leah provides engineering support as part of the U.S. Mobile Units Team, maintaining state-of-the-art technology that consistently meets client needs.
Back to top