We are seeking an experienced individual with a strong work ethic and positive attitude for our Payroll Administrator position. The selected candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of a bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for non-union employees and weekly, multi-state payroll for union employees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Process electronic and manual time sheets to insure accurate and timely running of union and non-union payroll.
• Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
• Extensive job costing entries on employee hours and wages.
• Maintain the database by entering new hires and terminations and making changes when needed.
• Prepare journal entries and job costing report each pay period.
• Prepare time off accrual reports.
• Submit bi-weekly 401k contributions and reconcile health insurance deductions to monthly statements.
• Prepare and remit federal, state, and local tax reports in a timely manner.
• Prepare Worker's Comp report to insurance carriers and audit materials for various government or private agencies.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years experience processing payroll and using report writing systems such as Paylocity, ADP or PeopleSoft for a multi-state employer.
• Must have previous experience processing union payrolls.
• In-depth knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws.
• Must have experience using weighted average calculations for employees with multiple pay rates.
• Experience with payroll related benefits administration which includes transmission of 401k contributions, census reports, health insurance billing reconciliation, etc.
• Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Possess a sense of urgency to get things done.
• Flexible personal style to work with diverse personalities.
• Professional, yet personable demeanor.
• Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
• Ability to interface with and satisfy the needs of diverse groups-ranging from corporate to operations people
Back to top