Mobile Unit Engineer
- New York, NY
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP
has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of
outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate
events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so
staying fresh and innovative is not optional-it's essential. That's why NEP embraces cutting-edge
solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At
NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service-
virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high
visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach
that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final
results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to
doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions
available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and monitor the mobile unit broadcast engineering operations at remote events.
- Perform preventative maintenance and trouble shooting while executing changes and engineering updates on the mobile unit
- Perform regular cleaning and inventory checks for the mobile unit.
- Track and report on equipment and system repair and maintenance status.
- Direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit.
- Follow through on repairs, inventory needs, and updates.
- Provide on-site client service and technical support.
- Maintain and file the proper expense reports and technical reports on a per show or other designated basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Associates or Technical degree in Electronics or Engineering field preferred.
- 2 - 5 years experience in broadcast engineering or related position, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast technology, equipment, facilities, and production for major commercial and cable television networks.
- Programming knowledge of either Lawo Arista IP router or Evertz EQX, Utah Scientific or Pesa HD baseband routers. Working knowledge of Grass Valley Kayenne switchers, Sony camera systems (HDC-2500 or better) and Calrec Apollo or Artemis audio consoles a plus.
- Familiarity with audio, visual, graphic and other systems used in mobile television facilities desirable.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in technical aspects of on site television production with progressive broadcast equipment.
- Ability to interface with clients and provide a high level of service and support.
- Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
- Must be willing and able to travel - travel is required throughout the year.
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP's Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
Meet Some of NEP's Employees
Leah K.Mobile Unit Engineer, U.S. Mobile Units
Leah provides engineering support as part of the U.S. Mobile Units Team, maintaining state-of-the-art technology that consistently meets client needs.
Back to top