Mobile Unit Driver Apprentice
We are looking for an entry level CDL driver to join our apprentice team.
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so staying fresh and innovative is not optional-it's essential. That's why NEP embraces cutting-edge solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service-virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The purpose of this position is to develop the skills and work experience necessary to become a Mobile Unit Driver in NEP's Fleet through 3 program phases. Successful completion of the program will result in the candidate's promotion to Mobile Unit Driver.
Work in NEP Pittsburgh Field Shop
• Report daily to Fleet Compliance Coordinator
• Assist Fleet Maintenance Coordinators with all truck movement
• Drives tractors and trailers offsite for repairs and preventative maintenance
• Jockeys trailers in yard as needed
• Become familiar with NEP's mobile television production trailers
Apprentice must live in Greater Pittsburgh Area, or be willing to relocate for first phase of the program. NEP anticipates that a successful candidate will complete Phase I within a 6 month period, but the length of Phase I will be dependent upon the apprentice's development.
Job Shadow with Mobile Unit Driver Mentor
• Report daily to Driver Mentor
• Assists Driver Mentor with driving mobile unit to events
• Assists Driver Mentor and Mobile Unit Engineers with park, power, and set-up of mobile unit at event sites
• Report daily to Driver mentor
• Operate a support truck
• Drives truck to events as assigned
• Assists with park, power, and set-up of mobile unit at events
Length of program may vary depending on employee development and truck scheduling
• Evaluation of the Apprentice will be conducted at the completion of each program phase.
• Final Evaluation and Assessment will be conducted prior to graduation and promotion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Class A CDL required
• MVR record must be free from any violations
• Ability to pass a road test conducted by NEP prior to starting program
• Must possess a current FMCSA physical exam card and is subject to federal regulations for random drug testing and any other required medical exams.
• Must be reliable and attentive to safety and federal laws.
• Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
• Must be willing and able to travel - requires 100% travel
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP's Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top