Mobile Unit Driver
Are looking for an opportunity to drive state of the art broadcasting equipment to major sports and entertainment venues?
Do you have a CDL?
This is an evergreen posting and all resumes will be reviewed as positions become available. When there is an appropriate full time opening, all credentials will be considered.
What you will do:
Provide safe and timely delivery of the mobile unit to the proper location and to operate and maintain the mobile unit up to NEP standards in order to guarantee client satisfaction. Location is negotiable.
• Drive mobile unit to event location(s) as directed by the Operations Coordinators within Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
• Set up, strike, and load the mobile unit in cooperation with Engineers and Technicians.
• Perform regular maintenance and cleaning activities on the mobile units.
• Track and report on equipment and maintenance status. Follow through on repairs, inventory needs, and updates in a timely manner.
• Provide on-site client service and technical support.
• Maintain the tractor and trailer up to FMCSA and state standards to meet inspection criteria.
• Ensure that all registrations, inspections and other related documents for the mobile unit are current and up to date.
• Ensure that required Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL), medical exams and any other related certifications as a professional driver are up to date.
• Represent NEP to clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Communicate regularly with Fleet Coordinator about service or repairs needed for mobile units.
• Maintain accurate driving logs and trip reports and submit them to Manager.
What you will need:
• Technical Degree or Driver Training Certification through an accredited CDL driver training program desired.
• At least 3 years driving experience preferred, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Requires a Class A CDL.
• Must possess a current FMCSA physical exam card and is subject to federal regulations for random drug testing and any other required medical exams.
W What we offer:
• Competitive pay structure.
• Daily per diem pay.
• Paid travel expenses.
• Hotel accommodations during multi-day events and when time
permits between events.
• Drivers keep all travel incentives for personal use, including air
miles and hotel points.
• We use only clean and well-maintained late model equipment
Back to top