Mobile Unit Driver
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safe and timely delivery of the mobile unit to the proper location and to operate and maintain the mobile unit up to NEP standards in order to guarantee client satisfaction. Location is negotiable
• Drive mobile unit to event location(s) as directed by the Operations Coordinators within Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
• Set up, strike, and load the mobile unit in cooperation with Engineers and Technicians.
• Perform regular maintenance and cleaning activities on the mobile units.
• Track and report on equipment and maintenance status. Follow through on repairs, inventory needs, and updates in a timely manner.
• Provide on-site client service and technical support.
• Maintain the tractor and trailer up to FMCSA and state standards to meet inspection criteria.
• Ensure that all registrations, inspections and other related documents for the mobile unit are current and up to date.
• Ensure that required Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL), medical exams and any other related certifications as a professional driver are up to date.
• Represent NEP to clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Communicate regularly with Fleet Coordinator about service or repairs needed for mobile units.
• Maintain accurate driving logs and trip reports and submit them to Manager.
• Submit expense reports to Operations Coordinator.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Technical Degree or Driver Training Certification through an accredited CDL driver training program desired.
• At least 3 years driving experience preferred, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Requires a Class A CDL.
• Must possess a current FMCSA physical exam card and is subject to federal regulations for random drug testing and any other required medical exams.
• Demonstrated skills in broadcast engineering and knowledge of television broadcast technology and equipment a plus.
• Must be reliable and attentive to safety and federal laws.
• Must be willing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
• Must be willing and able to travel - requires 100% travel.
• Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by
Back to top