Junior RF Engineer
NEP UK, part of the NEP Worldwide Network, is the leading provider of outside broadcasting, fixed rig, and remote production and media workflow solutions. With over 30 years of experience serving the broadcast and live events industry, NEP UK delivers the highest quality content with credits including, The Championships at Wimbledon, The Michael McIntyre Show, British horse racing, The Premier League, The Proms, Love Island, Big Brother and the award winning Channel 4 'Educating...' series.
NEP specializes in the latest technological solutions and boasts a talented team that is dedicated to making sure the most prestigious broadcast events worldwide are delivered at the highest standard from concept through to creation.
NEP's team of more than 3,600 employees are driven by passion and a focus on technical innovation, and together they have supported productions in over 65 countries on all 7 continents. Headquartered in the United States, NEP has offices in 24 other countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in a growing department within a leading and global OB brand. You will have the chance to be part of a team of RF Engineers, building a Wireless Camera Brand within NEP. You will be working on-site at major sporting and light entertainment events, ensuring the team is working towards a common goal, offering a superior service to clients.
NEP UK are currently expanding their fleet to include 6 double expanding 24 camera 4K capable trucks. Significant investment has taken place creating multiple, quick to deploy fly-packs solutions, all based around scalable hybrid routing hardware.
What You Will Do:
- Workshop prep including setup, test and repair of all NEP UK RF inventory.
- Work on-site as required, which will involve weekend and evening work, consistent with the broadcast industry. Working 'away' on jobs could become a significant part of this role.
- First-line fault finding and follow-up, taking responsibility for the preparation and testing of RF equipment.
- Specify and prepare RF equipment as required for a variety of live sport and entertainment outside broadcast event
- Ensure you have all of the necessary information to complete your tasks - including on-site work, and base preparation work.
- Work with other team members to assist where required for large job preparation and test.
What you will need:
- Good fault-finding skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Developed communication and client facing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible attitude.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Full clean UK driving licence (required).
- Mathematics and Science(s) to a good level
- Interest in electronics, software and mechanical systems
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top