Junior Project Delivery Manager
NEP Bow Tie is the premier managed services provider delivering Media Solutions, Broadcast and Audio Visual services and Systems Installations for Parliaments and Government Authorities in the UK.
NEP Bow Tie is one of the UK's leading companies specialising in managed service contracts, media archive, web-streaming, video on demand, content delivery, software development and broadcast information channels. Our business is diverse and service based, specialising in all aspects of broadcast and AV operations and installations. Our attention to detail, quality of our service and planning, and the standard of our staff contributes to a high level of repeat business. We are the current contract holders of the managed services contracts for the National Assembly for Wales, the Vision, Sound and AV Operation and Maintenance of UK Parliament, the Broadcasting and AV Services for the Greater London Authority and the UK Supreme Court in addition to a number of prestigious corporate bodies and Government Departments.
Overview of role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful growing business in a role that will support the senior team in the planning, organisation and delivery of bespoke projects, in addition to our normal business activities. It suits a candidate who is ambitious to learn and grow their skills and experience. Working as part of a supportive team, on a variety of fast moving projects, you will have plenty of opportunity to take responsibility and initiative. The role will have a high level of engagement with our clients and suppliers as well as the teams delivering the end results.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate: their ability to assimilate new technologies quickly; have a commercial outlook; show confidence in forming, communicating, seeking acceptance and delivering a plan; enjoy the challenge of supporting numerous projects and activities concurrently; have excellent communications skills and meticulous attention to detail; as well as fostering an inclusive team working approach.
This role is based in our central London head office and reports to the Managing Director, although from time to time you will be required to travel and work from other NEP Bow Tie operational sites where required in the delivery of the role.
The normal working pattern will be based on weekdays (Monday - Friday), but hours and days will be variable and subject to change depending on the requirements and location of the work. Should you work more than five days in one week then you will receive a day off 'in lieu'.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting and assisting the Senior Team and Managing Director in:
- Working closely with our clients to understand the governance and high-level business requirements for each project.
- Developing effective working relationships and supporting the management processes for the life of the project.
- Defining the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project, and managing the analysis, development and delivery phases.
- Ensuring that each project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit.
- Managing complex supplier delivery chains to ensure there is no impact on agreed deliverable deadlines.
- Oversite of support ticketing system - tracking issues and supporting the resolution as well as planned preventative maintenance.
- Estimating and planning projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
- Ensuring projects meet industry leading quality standards.
- Managing, monitoring and motivating the cross functional team assigned to the project.
- Conducting project presentations, compiling reports and communicating regular status updates, keeping all stakeholders regularly informed regarding progress with each project.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to multi-task and manage a number of concurrent projects. Ideally with experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between.
- Pragmatic, practical and results driven. Able to deliver in the face of varied and frequent challenges.
- Enjoy supporting team management, comfortable managing project teams. The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- Have excellent client facing skills - able to communicate at all levels: from End User to Senior Clients.
- Ability to influence key decisions, able to put your point across succinctly and convincingly.
- Great organisational skills, ability to facilitate workshops and chair meetings efficiently, ensuring notes and action points are recorded and then followed up.
- Enjoy working under pressure in a high profile client orientated environment.
- Maintain punctuality and a smart appearance at all times. Wearing company or client uniforms if required to do so.
- Possess a mature and diplomatic approach in support of our clients.
- Ideally have two to three years in a similar role or where relevant experience i.e. delivering products and services were the main objectives of the role.
- A desire to learn new systems and commitment to deliver superior service.
- Proficient with computer software and systems.
- Knowledge or accreditation of a recognised project management methodology (Prince 2 for example).
- MS Project skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Good MS Word skills.
- Good MS Outlook skills.
- Good MS PowerPoint skills.
Commercial. Note this role would suit someone with a couple of years' experience, we are looking for a candidate to adapt and grow within our business.
This job description gives an overview of the role and will be subject to change and amendments throughout the course of employment. This is not a complete or exhaustive list.
CV and covering letter to NEPBT_Jobs@nepgroup.com by Friday 31st January 2020.
Back to top