Guarantee Vision Engineer
NEP UK, part of the NEP Worldwide Network, is the leading provider of outside broadcasting, fixed rig, and remote production and media workflow solutions. With over 30 years of experience serving the broadcast and live events industry, NEP UK delivers the highest quality content with credits including, The Championships at Wimbledon, The Michael McIntyre Show, British horse racing, The Premier League, The Proms, Love Island, Big Brother and the award-winning Channel 4 'Educating...' series.
NEP specialises in the latest technological solutions and boasts a talented team that is dedicated to making sure the most prestigious broadcast events worldwide are delivered at the highest standard from concept through to creation.
NEP's team of more than 3,800 employees are driven by passion and a focus on technical innovation, and together they have supported productions in over 65 countries on all 7 continents. Headquartered in the United States, NEP has offices in 24 other countries.
This is an exciting and key technical role acting as a Guarantee Vision Engineer on a range of NEP projects. This will include our fleet of UHD capable OB trucks, HD OB trucks and our fly-pack systems, with an aim of progressing to a Guarantee Broadcast Engineer within a defined timescale. You will be tasked to deliver high standard OB solutions to our clients' specifications.
Significant investment has taken place creating multiple, quick to deploy fly-pack solutions, all based around scalable hybrid routing hardware and IP based broadcast hardware. NEP UK's fleet also includes 4 x UHD capable 24 Camera units, and has recently been expanded with 2 x UHD HDR Units with an underlying IP backbone.
This position will include national and international travel and applicants must be willing and able to travel.
• Show significant understanding of vision control operations and be able to operate as a Vision Supervisor on sports OB's.
• Assist the guarantee engineer in the delivery of large outside broadcasts, both at our base in Bracknell and onsite at various locations, domestically and internationally.
• Have the technical ability to guarantee small outside broadcasts alone.
• Lead and plan the deployment of large fibre installations on outside broadcasts with an understanding of the varying facility different projects may require.
• Build fly-pack systems, under the guidance of a Senior Broadcast Engineer, from a client specification.
• Follow up faults and assist in the maintenance of our fleet.
• First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment; minimising loss of service at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing temporary workarounds.
• Interpret and implement instructions and requests from clients, producers, directors and other colleagues.
• Recognise skills and weaknesses and seek appropriate training.
• Take direction from the Technical Project Manager(s) / Unit Manager(s), Head of Operations and Head of Vision & VT prior to an OB to ensure that the correct equipment is booked and loaded. Work across the business to best use company assets and practices.
• Strive to learn the operation of the NEP UK fleet, with the aim of progressing to a Guarantee Broadcast Engineer.
Skills / Qualifications
• HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
• Previous experience working in outside broadcast facilities.
• A comprehensive understanding of the production practices and engineering workflows adopted in outside broadcast.
• Networking and IP infrastructure knowledge.
• Excellent fault-finding and practical skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to develop an exceptional rapport with clients whilst understanding potential commercial sensitivities.
• Logical thought processes; ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to use initiative; meticulous attention to detail; pro-active and self-motivated.
• Flexible attitude.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Time management skills and ability to work to very tight deadlines.
• Full clean UK driving licence.
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top