Fabrication and Repair Technician
Bexel, NEP Group Inc. is a dynamic and powerful force in the Broadcast Services industry. For 20 years the ASG Product brand has provided limited-run and bespoke audio, RF and communications equipment to a wide range of broadcasters, sports leagues, TV stations, movie studios and military/commercial enterprises. The equipment we manufacture encourages art and industry from individual film makers to mega-events around the world.
The Fabrication & Repair Technician is responsible for building cable assemblies, Bexel custom products, and modifying manufacturer products based on the needs and plans of the Engineering team. The ideal candidate would be someone who is ambitious, forward thinking with a strong creative and mechanical inclination while maintaining a high level of personal integrity and work ethic resulting in consistent quality of work for repetitive tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Coordinates the fabrication and assembly of equipment and/or wire cable used for Bexel's operations.
• Reads and interprets engineering specifications from text, drawings, CAD systems, blueprints and instructions to layout, measure, mark, and arrange material.
• Applies knowledge of soldering, crimping, assembling and testing miscellaneous cable assemblies of any number of cable types i.e. copper.
• Assembles and repairs through hole and surface mount soldering of circuit boards.
• Assembles cards, trays and frames designed by our Engineers.
• Repairs Bexel custom products when a malfunction or damage occurs.
• Collaborates with the Engineering team to develop plans, which might require to modify a product to be more reliable in the equipment rental environment.
• Tracks and reports on equipment and maintenance status. Follows through on repairs, inventory needs, and updates in a timely manner.
• Adheres to safety guidelines and maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Associates or Technical Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of soldering through hole and surface mount circuit boards and connectors a must.
• Prior experience working with broadcast equipment and technology preferred.
• Fluency in science and engineering vocabulary and technical jargon.
• Ability to read and decipher circuit diagrams and physical plans a must.
• Highly skilled in the use of a wide variety of hand tools. Understands how to safely handle the tools.
• Demonstrable knowledge of electrical components including, but not limited to resistors, capacitators, semiconductors, integrated circuits, human interface devices and transducers.
• Strong understanding of scientific, mathematic and measuring conventions.
• Familiarity with electronic test equipment: power supply, oscilloscope, signal generator, volt/ohm/current meters.
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and manage simultaneous projects.
• Works collaboratively with people in the group and in other parts of the organization; supporting others when requested.
• Effective communication skills, ability to converse with clients and various levels of employee populations.
• Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
• Self-motivated, resourceful, personable and easily adaptable to changing situations.
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP's Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top