Chief Operating Officer (NEP Singapore/India)
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so staying fresh and innovative is not optional-it's essential. That's why NEP embraces cutting-edge solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service-virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
The purpose of this position is to lead all activities of operations, deliver high levels of customer service, and deliver events within margin goals.
What you will do:
- Account for overall branch cost management and implementing appropriate cost controls.
- Be the interface between offices in different countries and provide the link and communicate and facilitate required collaboration between offices.
- Oversee all project deliveries in all technical and non-technical aspects and responsible for concerned departmental plans to ensure that projects scope, schedules, and budgets are accurately planned, monitored, shared and met.
- Provide analysis and forecast equipment utilization in advance of CAPEX planning process.
- Maintain and adjust Crew and Equipment pricing with the objective of achieving a competitive gross margin for the business.
- Assist the President in liaising with clients to develop and enhance working relationships with the objective of actively increasing business opportunities.
- Oversee financial side of the SLAs with manufacturers, analyze benefit and need and negotiate for renewal accordingly.
- Report to the President on a weekly basis on project status and departmental matters.
- Oversee and ensure departmental objectives deliverables for Engineering, Crewing, and Operations departments.
- Monitor required legal & regulatory compliance for all concerned departments,
- Ensure departmental functions are in compliance with company's policies and procedure. Lead and support department heads in policy implementation as required. Direct Managers in order to increases management's effectiveness by:
- Communicating NEP core values, strategies, and objectives to managers
- Selecting, orienting, training the managers
- Coaching, counselling and guiding managers to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Support the department heads in formulating and establishing SOPs and systems.
- Oversees and support Director of Engineering in the acquisition, implementation, and replacement of technology infrastructure and ensure it supports company's goals.
- Accountable for project deliveries.
- Ensure efforts of the Engineering, Crewing, and Operations departments are well aligned and effectively coordinated in order to provide a smooth preparation, execution, and closing of all projects.
- Monitor kit movement and equipment planning in order to ensure equipment utilization is maximized and freight cost is minimized.
- Oversee financial proposals to ensure realistic net margins are maintained and escalate to the president if necessary.
- Oversee the planning and allocation of engineering staff in order to ensure crewing need of the projects and need of kit preparation at base are both considered and properly scheduled.
- Support Crewing and Engineering departments in finding a timely solution for crew shortages.
- Support the Operations department in finding a timely solution for equipment shortages.
- Make timely decision in and support department heads in order to allow them sufficient time to act.
- Oversee and ensure coordination of Finance, Sales, and Operations Departments in controlling project costs and receivables from clients in accordance with the agreements and terms and conditions.
- Keep aware of all project updates including but not limited to confirmation, cancellation, changes in the scope or schedules.
• Significant sector specific experience, e.g. broadcast services, production, right holding, event companies
• Deep knowledge of OB industry and in multiple aspects of the business including logistics, operations, finance, sales and marketing, and human resources is preferred
• 5+ years in an operations leadership role
• Experience in working and living abroad is a plus
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Strong people skills and ability to engage stakeholders of all levels
• Self-motivated and able to contribute in a high performance environment
• Tenacity work under pressure and within project timelines
• Keen attention to details
• Exceptional numerical and analytical skills
• Outstanding planning and organizational skills to achieve targets and carry out company policies at all times
• A flexible approach to working hours is essential
• Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP's Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
Back to top