Broadcast Shop Assistant
The Fiber Shop Assistant is responsible for inbound quality control of fiber hardware and to assist Engineering in assembling outbound fiber packages.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Performs quality control checks on inbound (returning) fiber hardware equipment, assuring its proper operation and cosmetics.
- Assists the Engineering team with pulling, assembling and packing outbound fiber hardware equipment orders.
- Provides support to Fiber Cable team with testing and cleaning of fiber cable.
- Works closely with the Engineering team with processing documentation for missing or damaged equipment.
- Supports the Engineering team with placing repair orders.
- Helps locate equipment in the building when it has been lost or misplaced.
- Assists with equipment deliveries and pickups as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Logistics background in shipping and receiving a plus.
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
- Works collaboratively with people in the group and in other parts of the organization; supporting others when requested.
- Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
- Delivers excellent customer service, externally and internally.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, personable and easily adaptable to changing situations.
- Effective communication skills, ability to converse with clients and various levels of employee populations.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and problems and see them through.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of UBS R2 software a plus.
- Able to use a GPS or navigation system
- Able to operate company vehicles i.e. van and 16' box truck
- Ability to deliver superior service and build lasting relationships by demonstrating NEP's Core Values: innovative, one team, passion and integrity.
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top