Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
- Pittsburgh, PA
For over 30 years, NEP has been a worldwide outsourced technical production partner supporting premier content producers of live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events. Our services include remote production, specialty capture, RF and wireless video/audio, studio production, audio visual solutions, host broadcast support, postproduction, connectivity and transmission, premium playout and innovative software-based media management solutions. NEP's 4,000+ employees are driven by a passion for superior service and a focus on technical innovation.
Together, we have supported productions in 88 countries on all seven continents.
We've been earning the respect of the industry by raising the bar in technical management, production support and engineering solutions. Anywhere, anytime, on any platform-we help our clients make, manage and show the world their content.
When content producers need something done right, they look to NEP.
What You Will Do
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Engineer to help us maintain electronics, computer and other various broadcast equipment through reverse engineering or finding replacement parts. This role will allow you to learn our products and services and prepare you to move into many different positions within NEP Group. Key duties include:
• Repair, calibrate, and test electronic equipment at the component level as delegated by the Chief Engineer.
• Repair, configure, and maintain various computer and networking equipment used in broadcasting operations.
• Assist with equipment installations and faxing of mobile units.
• Build, repair and test intercom equipment
• Program and repair 2-way radio equipment
• Provide technical assistance and leadership to the mobile unit engineer apprentices.
• Document faults and problems with equipment and make proper orders for repairs.
• Maintain a short turnaround and a high degree of accuracy in testing, calibrating and repairs equipment.
• Contribute to the organization of the Field Shop and facilitate an efficient working environment for Field Shop personnel.
• Take initiative to proactively recognize and resolve equipment maintenance trends and common issues
• Understand how an individual piece of gear fits in the larger system of a truck
What You Will Need
• Technical or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Requires 3 years of industry related experience as a repair / maintenance technician or engineer.
• Demonstrate knowledge of broadcast and computer technology, equipment and facilities
• Must be able a self-motivated problem solver who thinks outside the box
• Must be able to effectively supervise, train and direct technical personnel
Why Join Us?
Check us out at https://www.nepgroup.com/career/careers
Back to top