Broadcast Field Technician
- Coppell, TX
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so staying fresh and innovative is not optional-it's essential. That's why NEP embraces cutting-edge solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service-virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
The Field Technician is primarily responsible for supporting Integrated Solutions events and projects by providing onsite installation, service, and support of Broadcast equipment and infrastructure. The Field Technician works closely with key partners throughout each project including onsite customers, integrators, broadcast clients, and Integrated Solutions Engineering.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Responsible for onsite installation/equipment set up
• Performs advanced testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations
• Discusses and evaluates numerous specific applications of ICT cable installation
• Makes recommendations based on applicable codes, standards and best practices
• Implements the job plan and scope of work as well as performs retrofits and upgrades to existing infrastructure
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Knowledge of fiber optic
• Experience with electronics troubleshooting
• Strong analytical skills, ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
• Ability to exercise good judgment, decide on best course of action to fix issues
• Strong relationship building and maintenance skills with colleagues and clients
• Ability to work on multiple projects and approach each project with a quality focus
• Thrives in overcoming challenges, results driven
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers
• 50% travel required
• Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
• Previous construction experience or background a plus
Check us out on The Muse at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/nep
Back to top