Broadcast Design Engineer
- Coppell, TX
From the frozen seas of the Antarctic, to capturing the heated rivalries of sporting events worldwide, NEP has been behind powerful production for more than 30 years. Today, we provide a complete spectrum of outsourced solutions that help bring world-class live sports, entertainment, music and corporate events to life.
Technology is constantly changing within the broadcast, live events and media solutions industries, so staying fresh and innovative is not optional-it's essential. That's why NEP embraces cutting-edge solutions to consistently support premier content producers and deliver exactly what our clients want. At NEP, we leverage our global scale to create custom client-centered solutions coupled with local service-virtually everywhere in the world. Our employees love working on projects that offer the scale, high visibility and technical complexity that challenges the team to continually learn.
Our Core Values & Culture
At NEP, our values are based on our collective passion, integrity, innovation and a one-team approach that we bring to everything we do. Our goal is to build lasting relationships with clients by delivering final results that are bigger, better and more exciting than expected. And everyone at NEP is committed to doing just that. At NEP, we're proud of the work we do to help our clients produce the best productions available. Our tradition of innovation and excellence are contagious. Come and be a part of it.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Solutions Architect is a highly trained and experienced Broadcast and Design engineer who has the ability to support permanent and semi-permanent system installations for clients. While representing the Engineering department, this role works seamlessly with the Sales department to support the design of customers' project from concept to final drawings.
- Works with Sales and Clients to Design a system that will support the clients' needs.
- Has the ability to create a complete Project Design which will be turn over to the client
- Works with the Project Engineer and Project Manager in the planning of the installation for equipment required, labor needed, and supplies needed.
- Responsible for developing pre-sale Build of Materials.
- Creates, modifies and reads CAD drawings for project related documentation.
- Develops detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
- Assists Sales in developing a thorough and concise job scope.
- Maintains awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to solutions.
- Responsible for seeing that a pre-sale site survey is accomplished.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering is preferred or a thorough and demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of broadcast engineering experience is required.
- Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Moderate amount of travel required, including occasional travel to other NEP facilities, customer and vendor sites and industry events.
Back to top