The Member Research team oversees Navy Federal market research operations, ensuring high quality, effective research to support enterprise objectives and strategic initiatives. We design and implement feedback collection in many ways, using primary and secondary data to deliver integrated member and market insight packages to guide the design and optimization of best-in-class products and services.
The Summer Associate will assist team members in all phases of research project initiation, management, and analysis - including, but not limited to, proposal development, sample and questionnaire design, oversight of data collection and quality check, management and coordination among vendors, data processing, analysis, creation, and final report presentation.
The Summer Associate Program is a 12-week internship program beginning in May 2024 and ending in August 2024. Students will work on impactful projects and meaningful work during their internship. To qualify for this position, applicants must be currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university and have an anticipated graduation date of December 2024 or later.
- Work with team to understand business objectives and design surveys to address research needs
- Provide input in questionnaire design
- Program and test surveys in Qualtrics
- Help pull samples and perform sample cleaning
- Provide support in answering member emails related to surveys
- Track and help provide incentives to survey respondents
- Assist team in the preparation of reports by pulling data from cross tabs, creating charts and slides in PowerPoint, populating charts, proofing numbers, etc.
- Perform competitive market research and analysis to support requests from internal clients
- Through research and analysis, develop a deep understanding of our client base and target markets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field (English, Communications, Psychology, etc.) - preference given to candidates working towards a degree in Marketing Research
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and statistical software (SPSS)
- Proficiency/working knowledge of Qualtrics
- Understanding of market research methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Remote | 820 Follin Ln, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr, Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr, Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
You have goals, dreams, hobbies, and things you're passionate about—what's important to you is important to us. We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family, and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen. Don't take our word for it:
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award - Excellence in Early Career Hiring
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
Equal Employment Opportunity: Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimers: Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position. Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team's discretion based on qualified applicant volume. Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position
Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.