Service Desk Technician
- Richmond, VA
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As our Service Desk Technician, you will use IT resources to solve business needs with technology solutions and work with end-users and other team members to troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve issues with computer hardware and software. You will also assist all employees in the efficient use of various programs, reporting and other technology tools to meet defined business objectives.
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Build, deliver and set up support client workstations, using SCCM and Kace for package management and image deployment.
- Install and support software products by Microsoft, Adobe, Salesforce and other vendors, including the Microsoft Office suite of applications. These programs include but are not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Internet Explorer, and Acrobat. Troubleshoot and resolve problems with these applications for end-users.
- Manage group policies and active directory.
- Field tickets from multiple sites located across the US and UK, remotely troubleshooting their issues before passing on to Tier II.
- Purchasing and ordering equipment from various vendors, establishing hardware guidelines.
- Install and support various programs authored by the in-house Product Engineering team.
- Assist System and telecom Administrators, Product Engineers and other technicians in resolving end-user problems with programs, hardware, and other equipment, and network connectivity.
- Support field personnel with mobile computing needs, including laptops, iPhone, Android, Web-Mail, VPN access, and other company-issued hardware.
- Install software applications and hardware required by end-users, based upon departmental and/or individual requirements. Set up client PC's with the standard NAVEX Global Contact Center image where required.
- Relocate users as required, when they are assigned to a new cubicle or office areas. This includes breaking down, transporting and setting up technology equipment such as computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, power supplies, and network equipment, then checking network connectivity and complete, satisfactory operational status of the users in their new areas
- Document activities in progress via weekly status reports, incident reports/logs, etc.
- Participate in the formulation of desktop management procedures and policies.
- Assist with special projects and other company efforts. Participate in appropriate meetings, seminars and training sessions.
- Participate in an occasional on-call rotation
- Opportunity for career development
What You Will Need:
- An associate degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in a Technical support role.
- Experience solving problems in a proactive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
- A passion for learning.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Back to top