If you're passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide's Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
Compensation Grade: E.SD35
Base Salary of $35,000.00-$40,000.00/year depending on location plus Sales Incentive Plan starting at $24,000.00/year with uncapped commission structure for unlimited earning potential.
Come join the Nation! Nationwide's Pet Insurance, which markets and sells pet health insurance, is hiring. We are seeking sales professionals who want an unlimited commission structure with a base salary. All our leads are incoming, driven by our marketing efforts, referrals and by veterinarians.
As the leader in the pet health insurance industry, we are an organization founded by veterinarians and operated by passionate pet lovers. Here, you will work alongside the best talent, chart your own career course, and contribute to company growth in a fun, fast-paced team environment.
Nationwide Insurance has a great opportunity for full-time Sales Agents to join our Inside Sales Department.
Scope of the Position:
In these full-time roles at our modern call center, you will receive phone calls (leads) with the intent of promoting and selling Pet Insurance, endorsements, renewals and services to potential and existing policy holders. You will also be expected to follow up on leads and applicants to complete their pet’s policies. You may also provide a basic level of Customer support.
Hours of Operation:
**During training, you will work FULL-TIME **
Training hours are usually from 9:00 am PST – 6:00 pm PST; Monday – Friday.
Schedules will be assigned based on business needs and commence upon completion of full-time training.
The call center is operational Monday through Friday, 5:00 am -7:00 pm (PST) and Saturdays 7:00 am - 3:30 pm (PST). The right candidate must be flexible to work any of these shifts. Shifts are awarded by business need and by performance.
- **Property & Casualty license preferred. Sales Agents will be required to maintain licensure through completion of required Continuing Education credit as a condition of employment.
- Requires 2 years of Sales experience; preferably in a call center environment, a professional, team-player attitude, strong computer skills.
Must be knowledgeable and experienced in standard sales process of prospecting, appointment setting, needs analysis, objection handling, presentation skills, negotiations, closing skills, account maintenance and follow-up.
Job Description Summary
Do you have what it takes to exceed sales targets - earn money in an uncapped commission structure - by joining the number one pet insurance sales team? Are you a persistent sales person who can adapt their sales conversations to various types of calls from across the country to grow Nationwide’s dominant market share in the pet insurance industry? If this sounds like a job you could love, we want to know more about you!
As an Inbound Sales Agent, you’ll promote and sell pet insurance, endorsements, renewals and services to potential and existing customers. You’ll also provide basic customer service, referring more complex issues to others on the team. Our call center is busy, so you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, consulting with customers to offer the best coverage to protect their pets.
- Receives and makes g calls from/to prospects, qualifies new potential policyholders and explains policies and endorsements offered, recommends type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances and needs.
- Handles inbound renewal calls and/or initiates outgoing calls, following up on existing or prior policyholders, and perform standard and recommended sales techniques and processes to retain, upgrade, sell or consult with prospects and customers. (See Sales Requirements)
- Calculates and quotes premium rates for recommended policies, endorsements and renewals.
- Performs initial underwriting review of pet eligibility.
- Follows and abides by all insurance laws and regulations as they pertain to the Sales Representative and VPI Pet Insurance in the delivery of the details of the policy and processes offered by VPI.
- Collects premiums from policyholders and inputs payment data.
- Anticipates future needs and calls on established customers to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Develops personal time management and organizational tools.
- Retains responsibility for personally sold policies to retain them and avoid cancellations within reason and in compliance with company policies, procedures and guidelines during the term of the policy.
- Maintains accurate and through documentation, follows up on medical and pending applications with Underwriting, vet clinics, and policy holders until the application is approved or declined by either the policyholder or VPI.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Sales Supervisor. Direct reports not typically assigned. Indirect reports not typically assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary.
License/Certification/Designation: Property and Casualty license required. Sales Agent will be required to maintain licensure through completion of required Continuing Education credit as a condition of employment.
Experience: A minimum of 18 months prior telephone or direct sales experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Health insurance products, services, and terminology; voluntary and payroll deduction employee benefit plans; health and property and casualty brokerage practices and third-partythird-party administrators; sales methods and closing techniques; account management techniques.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to exercise initiative in translating leads to business opportunities and accounts; independently organize and manage work tasks to achieve effective use of time; make persuasive presentations and communicate effectively with brokers, third-party administrators, clients, internal staff and management. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to speak in front of others; to lead; to facilitate; and to train small to large groups including employees, policyholders and outside groups. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and Human Resources Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not Eligible)
Working Conditions: Employees work in normal office and/or normal home office environments. Employees are expected to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, and carry equipment, collateral, and materials used at vendor fairs, open enrollments, and trade shows, weighing up to 50 pounds. Some travel required, with possible overnight stays.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Evaluation Activity: 11/2014 EMT; KMP: Update 9-2016