- Dulles, VA
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America's network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the "CFC Difference" that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Staff Auditor in the CEO - Internal Audit group. In this position you will have the opportunity to assist Internal Audit team in the performance and reporting of internal audits and special projects.
As a Staff Auditor, you will:
• Obtain, review, and analyze supporting documentation to assess the effectiveness of key operational and application controls.
• Analyze the adequacy of the design of key operational, compliance, and financial reporting controls.
• Prepare narratives and flowcharts as necessary.
• Analyze Policies and Procedures for compliance standards
• Assist with developing audit test plans
• Follow audit test plans and Document testing results and determine the impact of exceptions.
• Analyze and document issues noted and prepares recommendations to address risks and to identify process improvements.
• Present findings and recommendations to management in exit meetings.
• Perform follow-up on management action items.
• Assist with testing of data using various analytic tools.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related business fields, accounting is preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience in any of the following areas: accounting, auditing, credit, or financial analysis required.
• Basic knowledge of, and the ability to apply, accounting and auditing practices and principles.
• Good analytical ability, sound judgment, and detail-oriented.
• Complete tasks with a high level of integrity and objectivity; able to handle and protect confidential information.
• Basic to intermediate Excel skills and ability to perform basic data extraction and data analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
• Able to work as a member of a team in a collaborative work environment.
• Enthusiasm and desire to learn new systems, processes, and audit techniques.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more-all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop .
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Back to top