Sr. Infrastructure Manager
- Dulles, VA
Sr. Infrastructure Manager
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America's network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the "CFC Difference" that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Sr. Infrastructure Manager in the BID - Business Technology Services group. In this position you will have the opportunity to direct and manage the enterprise systems environments, oversee the implementation and maintenance of enterprise-wide system tools, and provide leadership for enterprise systems projects.
As a Sr. Infrastructure Manager, you will:
• Ensure and be responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's IT infrastructure which may include servers, SaaS, workstations, mobile, telecom, monitoring, security, and enterprise tools to ensure internal customer organization's needs are being met.
• Orchestrate the provisioning, dynamic configuration and monitoring of servers and services in the CFC private cloud.
• Administer and architect secure and scalable infrastructure platforms.
• Seeks continuous improvement in process automation.
• Provide leadership and expertise to a cross-functional team, managing team resource assignments, projected task completion dates, prioritizing activities based on business requirements and SLAs.
• Work cooperatively with project managers and engineering leads to plan and direct all ongoing projects based on priority and resource availability.
• Oversee technology projects from identification of requirements, analysis and design, development, end-user testing, deployment and production support to deliver IT capabilities.
• Recruits, builds, and leads a team of diverse system administrators.
• Define, acquire, and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to deliver on goals and objectives.
• Manage policies and guidelines for infrastructure systems and workstations.
To be successful, you will need:
• BS in computer science, engineering, management or equivalent in experience.
• 12 years of experience in information technology, with at least 4 years of management experience leading and managing an infrastructure or engineering team.
• Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft servers, Active Directory, Windows workstations, O365, Azure, VMWare Horizon VDI, SharePoint.
• IT engineering and operations experienced desired.
• Experience architecting Microsoft and virtualized environments.
• Knowledge of IT networks, servers, storage and security technology.
• The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams.
• Possess strong leadership, mentorship and coaching skill with a proven ability to manage a team with a diverse technical background in a matrixed environment.
• Proven ability to manage IT projects through the full life cycle.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Strong strategy development and operational skills.
• Proven ability to work in a process-driven environment.
• Microsoft certification or other IT certifications are a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more-all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop .
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Back to top